Sign in to follow this  
taliesin

TXT-1 tall body posts

Anybody have a part number for extended or tall rear body posts for the TXT?   May need to be after market.

I want to run a non-stock body and it requires extended or taller rear body posts.   I'm thinking either Grave Digger or maybe the Proline Baja Bug - the stock posts don't stand a chance in either case.   I'd like the posts to be Tamiya, but in a pinch if it works and is compatible without major mods that's fine.  

Any suggestions?    

Cheers!

EDIT:     Not 100% certain, but it looks like the Proline Baja Bug body might work with uncut rear body posts?   I don't have a pair of uncut posts to try it, but if anybody has some laying about and could measure them I would appreciate it.   If so I might be in the market ...  -_-

Still would like an option for some of the bus / SUV style bodies though.   I've seen a firetruck (meh), a school bus (uh, meh?) and stuff like the Grave Digger (Yessss!) that would require extra tall posts and I'm not sure I've ever seen such an upgrade from Tamiya.   Seems like somebody has to make them though.

I cannot remember how the posts fit on the TXT-1 ( I reluctantly sold mine).

Parma make a bunch of body posts as high as 4.5in with a hole in the bottom so can be attached with an M3 screw, or you could lop the bottom off and attach with body clips if i remember correctly.

https://parmapse.shptron.com/c/rc-cars_rc-body-mount-kits