Is there a good way to fix this?  Suggestions? I know Crawford makes a chassis brace but I think I would have to use their brace on the outside and use the inner Tamiya brace.  But then I would run into issue of the threads on the ball connector not being enough to grip through the metal.

http://crawfordperformanceengineering.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_115&products_id=703

spJTunx.jpg

you could glue the broken part back on with a strong epoxy and then make a plate for the inner section (between the 3 lines) out of suitable metal plate for both the outside and inside. glue both sides of the plate to the chassis and perhapes a few fasteners to make sure of a good fix then paint the plate black to match.

or you could get another one 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-58065-Clodbuster-Super-Clod-Buster-0335085-10335085-Chassis-NEW/382709661631?epid=1225029636&hash=item591b45ffbf:g:6X8AAOSw~bFWO4PP

• Like 2

I have a spare new chassis already, I just hate to throw out the old one.  I like your idea! I’m going to go mess with it. :)

• Like 1

I agree with Topforcein, I’ve had good results with epoxy resin on repairs. I used zip ties epoxy’d in place for extra strength which isn’t pretty but worked well so far.

• Like 1

I've been using acetone recently, is the chassis ABS? You can make a glue by mixing scrap ABS with acetone. It melts the plastic together and theoretically makes a better bond that adhesive. Might be worth a try if the chassis is ABS.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I've been using acetone recently, is the chassis ABS? You can make a glue by mixing scrap ABS with acetone. It melts the plastic together and theoretically makes a better bond that adhesive. Might be worth a try if the chassis is ABS.

Awesome tip, thanks for sharing.  I'll have to give that a shot sometime.