Sign in to follow this  
Hibernaculum

Anyone watch(ing) Goodwood?

The whole thing is streamed on Youtube for free these days - at least, it was for me.

My mind was consistently blown, roughly once per hour, during the 16-20 hours that I watched. :D

• Damon Hill driving Schumacher's 1994 Benetton (yes the one that hit him), as part of a wonderful Schumacher tribute.
  • A self-driving electric supercar that ran up the hill by itself.
  • A Lancia Delta S4 from the Tour De Corse in 1986 - untouched since the rally, and even had the pace notes from the rally when the owner bought it. It was run publicly for the first time, and did doughnuts.
  • A new De Tomaso that looks incredible. What the...
  • Jackie Stewart driving one of his actual Tyrrells. Patrese in his actual Bennetton. Fittipaldi in his actual JPS Lotus....

I could go on and on. And on and on. I even saw a BMW M1 rally car and a Ferrari 308 rally car... both from the 1980s. Glorious.

Tamiya, what I wouldn't give for a hard-body kit based on one of these rally cars :( 

No sign of Olivier Ellerbrock there this year. Anyone know if there are any more plans for a Tamiya-related entry, in the future?

Rob.

• Like 1

No, but I saw photos of the DeTomaso P72. That's one pretty car... and an actual 3-pedal manual gearbox too!

• Like 1