Kevin_Mc

Looking for a specific Build thread - Street / Sand Rover

I came across this a couple of weeks ago whilst browsing on here but can’t find it now, no matter how much i trawl or use the search function. 

It was a thread from maybe 2014 that someone had bumped back to the top but i haven’t commented on it so can’t find it. 

Can’t remember what the chassis was but it was shortened to match the body, then the wheelbase was reduced to look more scale. 

Can anyone link me up to it please? 

That’s not the one, although it’s very interesting and i’ll have a proper read through it shortly - thank you @max69vk

It was definitely from the Builds section on here 

That's freaky - I remember seeing it too Kevin - they shortened the DT tub, and were planning to narrow the track width too?

Not sure where it's gone, but if I see it I'll let you know...

Jx

That’s the one Jenny, no idea why i can’t find it! 

23 minutes ago, Kevin_Mc said:

That’s the one Jenny, no idea why i can’t find it! 

I think it was by @Granddad Stinky but i think he deleted all his build threads before he left the forum? Try finding that user. I could be wrong as that sounds a little old for the thread i am thinking about, but he definitely did one along those lines. 

I thought i found it there, when i spotted @markbt73‘s Build a Bear thread but it stops short of what i remember happening with the chassis. The one i remember detailed out all parts required to fit parts to the tub to help shorten it  this is driving me mad!!

2 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I think it was by @Granddad Stinky but i think he deleted all his build threads before he left the forum? Try finding that user. I could be wrong as that sounds a little old for the thread i am thinking about, but he definitely did one along those lines. 

That could explain why i can’t find it. It may not have been as old as that and it certainly hadn’t been replied to for a while so could’ve been Grandad Stinky before he left. Although i’m sure it was after he left and deleted all his posts, it was only about 8 weeks ago. 

Just now, Kevin_Mc said:

That could explain why i can’t find it. It may not have been as old as that and it certainly hadn’t been replied to for a while so could’ve been Grandad Stinky before he left. Although i’m sure it was after he left and deleted all his posts, it was only about 8 weeks ago. 

Must have been a different thread then. He left over a year ago. 

Yeah, it wasn't me - I sectioned out the DT02 tub and then gave up because I didn't like how it sat. Mine's put away now, awaiting a custom chassis that I haven't designed yet, though I have some ideas.

Good luck on yours; I really wish Tamiya had come up with a better chassis for these things from the start.