Post a Picture

Hey everyone. Like many of the really interesting posts, I thought it could be fun to have a photos only kind of thing (maybe a sentence to explain?). Just photos of things that are cool, fun, interesting etc. 

Below is the car that reignited the hobby for me. 

So ... get your cameras out.

20190712_170716.jpg

I had no idea this was a thing!  What the heck is this all about???  (Not mine, of course...  Image lifted from here.)

1-stanley.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

My new hobby workbench, as it sits right now, Saturday, July 13th, at 7:47 AM. No weird RC teapots, sorry.

2019-07-13_07-41-52

• Like 6

my 2 favourite rc's out of what i own catching a bit of sun in the garden.

the amount of building/painting that has to go into these rcs has to command respect and a love for them

IMG_20180603_104528.thumb.jpg.7a4d3527d11c3d450600c748687102f5.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, mastino said:

Buggy-Champ-00177.jpg

wolf wistle's :wub:

just beautiful

i do have a nib body set for my rr along with the french blue paint for it that has been waiting to be painted since 2013 and that pic makes me want to paint itand get rid of the grey shell i have on atm

Love this car! (Rear wing in box!, photos for insurance purposes).......

20190522_220225.jpg

• Like 1

I drilled out the lenses and put clear plastic pieces, I even scored lines on them.   

bBiPtj3.jpg

What looks like a radiator is a mosquito netting from our door, I think.  

OfkMABQ.jpg

I made wheel wells.  I painted them black, so you can't really see them unless you are looking for them. 

I think wheel wells are better than seeing the chassis.  

AKqGTbv.jpg

Backside was cut open. 

"Hinges" are just wires, not the strongest.  But they work fine.  I made a latch with a styrene piece and a bolt and a nut.  It would come down and prevent it from opening.  Just a bolt head from outside. You pull that up, and the hatch is free.  But that needs a spring.  TA01 isn't really a cushy ride.  Without a spring to push the latch down, the hatch opens mid-ride and flaps about. (Which is funny and annoying at the same time--but it wouldn't be good to roll when the hatch is open)  

rtc8MHI.jpg

dLHLKQl.jpg

You can see 2 original mounting holes on the inside of the hatch. (covered with square styrene pieces)  Puttied on the outside.  I let them sink a couple times and sanded them.  But there are still a bit of sink marks.  Not too visible though -- er, I stand corrected, the putties sank a lot in 24 years.   

vUj5RDP.jpg

I made a little bed that sits on the gear box. 

Drilled a hole for the center antenna mount, + two holes for the tops of the rear suspension.  That antenna mount had to be doubled as a body clip post. (Come to think of it, this is how I started to file the tip of the clip. Sharp tip would tear the wire inside the post.  When I filed the clip, it didn't do that.  Necessity is mother of chores...)   

zN5xM2u.jpg

I used "plastiweld" to glue styrene pieces on this plastic shell.  That glue stinks to high heaven, but it's quite strong.   

x7F9bbG.jpg   

I had grand plans for opening front doors and the gunner's roof hatch. (but laziness overtook me)  

6YxVebH.jpg

• Like 6

Prepping some cars for the Clophill Invitational 2019 (me, my 5 year old son and 14 year old nephew.....in our garden!). Hopefully the weather will be ok on sunday!

20190719_200502.thumb.jpg.c0a64c234027c8754be2b39be00f838e.jpg

Not sure if I've got enough wing on the Egress!

• Like 4

My Top-Force runner.. So much fun and it goes almost fast enough for me :P

Screenshot_20190720_100652.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

My Top-Force runner.. So much fun and it goes almost fast enough for me :P

Screenshot_20190720_100652.jpg

That looks great, nice action shot. I wonder if non box art liveries make us more likely to run our cars as they were intended? If I get a good box art done, I tend to get all precious about it :lol:

• Like 2

Laid out a garden track for me, my son and nephew to have a play on, not the biggest, but big enough for a laugh!

302951075_gardentrack.thumb.jpg.c69d9c458a17e7724867691572149602.jpg

• Like 8

2019-07-21_10-43-25

Full bearings, Ampro transmission brace, Sport Tuned and steel pinion, otherwise stock. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

2019-07-21_10-43-25

Full bearings, Ampro transmission brace, Sport Tuned and steel pinion, otherwise stock. 

that colour combo looks perfect

• Like 1