Saito2

Which SRB to keep?

I'm partially trying to pull out of the hobby and have a bunch of models to sell. For some, the choice was easy but for others, not so much. I have a runner Buggy Champ (Rough Rider) and Fighting Buggy (Super Champ, and yes, I consider it an SRB, ;)). I don't need both. As a kid I liked the Super Champ the most out of the SRB group. Its "competition" aspect along with the cool oil bottle and double deck chassis were what drew me. I've been less and less in love with its aesthetics while running it over the years. Never meet your idols I suppose. The monoshock is tucked away from view behind a bulky mass of aluminum. While the suspension works, the rear wheels flail about like crazy. The whole buggy looks too tall and narrow to my eyes. 

The Rough Rider didn't get me going as a kid. Nowadays, I've taken a shine to it and how it evokes the Bel-Ray Bullet. Despite the body being a bit bulked up to cover the radio crate, it still seems a bit more scale to me and I've come to appreciate this later in life. So, do I keep that which I like now or that which I lusted after as a kid?

• Like 1

well i say memories are what keep us buying rc's we could not have as kids.

for me i only buy what i really like and i know i will never sell any on my rc's know a days as i have done this back in the mid 90's and i really regret doing that still to this day

• Like 1

I have neither.  But oddly, I have the same sentiment.  As a child, I liked Super Champ better.  Back then Rough Rider looked meek (no wing? no fun!). 

As an adult, however, I find Super Champ too flashy.  Not a fan of mono-shock either.  Given an option, I'd definitely choose Rough Rider.  And I like the orange color scheme.  

PEsIzCD.jpg

You can change the body like @TamTom did.  That's love, man.  

EFTqFig.jpg

More here: 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, topforcein said:

i know i will never sell any on my rc's know a days as i have done this back in the mid 90's and i really regret doing that still to this day

I thought this way too until the point it got to be too much. I still have a shelfer Super Champ to look at if I sell the runner plus a Sand Scorcher and the Buggy Champ. 4 SRBs are just too many to have in the collection. Someone should enjoy them.

• Like 1

Buggy Champ gets my vote. It's just a cool looking scale buggy.

• Like 1

I’ve never had a Super Champ, although always wanting one, and having not taken the chance to get the rere Fighting Buggy I am more than happy with the Buggy Champ now.

I now have 2 bodies for it as the first one I did box art in a Metallic red. So I bought a second body for a runner sprayed with enamel and just a couple of stickers on it left over from a Stadium Blitzer minus the roof spot lights too. This still makes me smile as much and I seem to have all but forgotten the longing after a Fighting Buggy 😉.

I would say your Fighting Buggy would probably sell easier than a Buggy Champ and if it’s its not floating your boat as much then maybe it’s time to let it go. Especially as you have a nice shelfer anyway. 

• Like 2

As you have 2 SC’s I’d sell one of those, it will achieve a higher price than a BC so it’s a win win imo 😉.

You’ve got the T-Shirt and that scratch has been itched 👌

• Like 1

Yep, I think the SC/FB is going to a new home. I'll give it a shot at an upcoming yard sale we're planning (knowing southern PA residents monumental cheapness, I'm not expecting miracles,:P) but more than likely, to Ebay it goes. Thank you all for the input!  

Keep the Fighting Buggy. The others can be repurchased later pretty easy should it strike you to do so, but the FB are becoming scarce.