bjorklo

Wanted: Kawada TBA103 DF03 damper tower

Hi,

i’m trying to find a kawada TBA103 front damper tower for my df03, anyone have one for sale or know of a place that have one? Also if you have one and don’t want to sell i would be grateful, to get a drawing of the tower. if you could take the tower and lay it on a paper and draw around it and mark the holes, that way i could make my own in carbon fiber.

cheers, 

Odd-Arne

187E0CAF-3CA8-4167-B574-FA3328CE7169.jpeg

There are df03 carbon towers on sale on ebay. Sadly the person who makes them cant mill the aluminium mounting blocks which makes them next to useless. There was a very similar thread about them a few weeks ago where another member here had asked the seller the same question.

Theres a bit of a gap in the market for a df03 upgrade kit which would consist of the shock mounts and a steel gear mainshaft. There seems to be lots of aftermarket decoration parts for it but very little in the way of a kit to fix the flaws in the function of it. Shame as even though its about 10 yeara old its still a current kit and the only non-trf /non re-re half way serious buggy they do.

52 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

There are df03 carbon towers on sale on ebay. Sadly the person who makes them cant mill the aluminium mounting blocks which makes them next to useless. There was a very similar thread about them a few weeks ago where another member here had asked the seller the same question.

Theres a bit of a gap in the market for a df03 upgrade kit which would consist of the shock mounts and a steel gear mainshaft. There seems to be lots of aftermarket decoration parts for it but very little in the way of a kit to fix the flaws in the function of it. Shame as even though its about 10 yeara old its still a current kit and the only non-trf /non re-re half way serious buggy they do.

Hi and thanks for your answer. I will have a look at the towers on ebay, and see if that's the way to go. I bought the df03ra front damper tower just to use the mounts if they fit, I haven't tried em yet, but hopefully they will work. If not then I sure hope to find the kawada front kit, or in worst case I have to handcraft a mount of some kind. 

It seams like there have been quite allot of aftermarket parts for the model, if you have a look at the very special car on ebay, which have an all carbon fiber chassis, I would of course love to have one like that but I guess that is even harder to come buy. 

Didn't find any front damper towers on ebay, as suggested, so I'm still searching for this particular part.