Sign in to follow this  
glob356

Best brushed motor for Blitzer Stadium

Hi,

I want to buy a new brushed motor for my modified Blitzer Stadium. I wonder how many turns is best for the Blitzer? Tamiya silver can motor is 27T. Do I need a 21T, 23T?

Thank you for your advice!

Glob356

I run a 17t brushed in one of mine and a 13.5t brushless in another.

The gears and diff are really robust you can pretty much stick what you like in there :)

Also, be mindful of the compatibility with your ESC.  

If you have TBLE02S, 17t brushed wouldn't work.  But 13.5t brushless would work fine.  

If you have Hobbywing 1060, then even 12t brushed would work.  But not a brushless.  

If you want to stay with Tamiya, Sport Tuned is a good starter.  Super Stock is next up, but if you want to spend money on Super Stock, you can get a 13.5t for the same money (if you have TBLE02S).   

• Like 1

^^ this is very true 
 I kind of forgot about esc compatibility! Although completely moot (and very hot!) if he's still running an MSC :lol:

I run mine off a 1060 for what its worth @glob356

• Haha 1

Hi @Hobgoblin and @Juggular,

Thank you both for your advices

I'm using a Tamiya TEU-104BK as ESC on my Blitzer. I could try a 21T I guess.

I add some pictures of my "modified" Blitzer Stadium. 

Glob356

20190721_220418.jpg

20190721_220435.jpg

• Like 1

All aluminium parts should be replace by carbon ones by the end of the year. Will see!

20190721_220459.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glob356 said:

I could try a 21T I guess.

104BK says 27 turn stock or 25 turn only.  

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/electronics/rc-esc-teu-104bk-brushed-2/

Some say Sport Tuned worked perfectly fine with 104BK for years, some say 104BK couldn't handle Sport Tuned.  Sport Tuned could be a 25-turn motor with advanced timing.  "Advancing the timing" has the similar effect as lowering turns, so... I consider Sport Tuned as 24 turn. (there is no such thing...it's just for the sake of argument)  

So... you might have to get a Hobbywing 1060 ESC.  And if you did, then you can even try 17t.  

@glob356 you Blitzer is class what did you decide do to motor wise in the end ?

Also I am curious, what shock towers are you running ? What is the long alu part running on the length of the tub ?

@Balgaroth Hi, Really sorry. I missed your post.

Please find below the parts that I used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-1-10th-Off-Road-Buggy-Carbon-Fibre-Front-Shock-Tower-For-HSP-107022/122875079292?hash=item1c9becea7c:g:mEEAAOSw4UtWRp3K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-HSP-103023-Carbon-Fibre-Rear-Shock-Tower-For-1-10-Electric-On-Road-Car/231751146929?hash=item35f571ddb1:g:HkEAAOSwiwVWRVbi

"What is the long alu part running on the length of the tub?"

The long part is to reenforced the tub that is low profile now (removed 1 cm of plastic).

Not perfect. Not strong enouph (2 mm only). Will be replace by 3 mm carbon soon.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any information. For example, I use only Hex screws bought on Ebay. So I have a the references.

Have a great day.

Glob 

• Like 1