Sign in to follow this  
speedy_w_beans

Tamiya, please give us a C8 Corvette!!!

Tamiya, if you're listening, please make us a C8 Corvette shell!  You've given us the Mustang GT4 recently; how about another American product?  Lexan is fine, and molding it in a few pieces to capture all the angles properly is fine, too.  You did it for the race trucks; a little bit of assembly is not a problem.  Please be sure to mold light buckets and the engine bay, too; don't cheap out with just decals for the exterior of the shell.  Styrene parts would be great; Lexan parts would be acceptable to save on tooling.  If you have to include a different front damper stay and shorter springs for the TT02/TB05/TA07, so be it.

Thanks!

Details

• Like 3

Id rather a '56, but whichever they did at least the body material would be authentic 😂   

My first thought when I saw it was, "Man, I wish Monogram was still in business; they'd do a great 1/8 scale model of it!" But Tamiya could pull off a good 1/10 scale Lexan version as well. But it absolutely must include the visible engine. Interior too, if they can manage it.

This is the first Corvette I've been really excited about in a long, long time. I can't afford a real one, but I'd sure love a model...

1 hour ago, markbt73 said:

This is the first Corvette I've been really excited about in a long, long time. I can't afford a real one, but I'd sure love a model...

You and me both; I lost interest after the C5.  Let's hope somebody brings out a decent 1/10 body!

Was pleasantly surprised by the C8 and the 60k price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!....consider the game is now changed if that is for real. 

Very interesting car to look at and seems like the more you look the more you appreciated it. Would love to see one in person and would love for Tamiya to make it as that's the only way i'll see one in my garage:) 

I have always liked Corvettes but for me the C3 nailed it, the newer ones just didn't quite manage it. Apparently they're going to be left hook and proper-hand drive so will no doubt find their way down here. Talk of  AUD$100k - $150k though which seems a bit steep when they start at USD$56k. The Mustang has done really well down here which probably relfects the price, hopefully the Corvette doea the same.

Also, yeah great body shell potential...

I could handle the new track version for the Ford GT as well.