Haven't put as much detail in mine at this point at Maelstrom, but just finished my Blackfoot-bodied CFX.  The CFX is small, but performs excellent.  Only modification I made was a set of 1.55 aluminum beadlocks with Mickey Thompson tires.  Also made custom aluminum body mounts so I didnt have to drill holes in the BF shell.  Going to add lights at some point.  Decided to leave the roll bar off, but may put it back on at some point.  Basically, if you were thiking of getting a CFX do it.  Great little truck and the Blackfoot body fits the 252mm wheelbase setting perfectly.

IMG_5920.JPG

IMG_5921.JPG

IMG_5922.JPG

IMG_5923.JPG

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

That. is. one. handsome. truck!!  

Thank you sir!  

Hideous, 

Send it my way so I can properly dispose of it....:D

You can never go wrong with a Blackfoot body......Good Job, check out Ampro Engineering accessories for that body, light bar is killer...

I saw them on Shapeways I believe.  They have the light kits, etc.  I'll add lights at some point and their accessories seem the way to go.  I should be able to get it out in the next week or so, I'll post more photos in action.

The Ford logos are from various decal kits I had in my box.  Pretty sure they were from either Parma Drag Racing sheets or old Team Associated Dual Sport Mustang decal sheets.  Not sure where you could get them new nowadays, but I still see the old sheets on Ebay from time to time.  

Good looking truck, I'll have to get one at some point. Not sure how scale you are trying to go but, if you like I have an XLT grill insert that I modeled up and printed. I only mention because I'm not going to put it on mine and I would like to see someone use it.

17 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

The Ford logos are from various decal kits I had in my box.  Pretty sure they were from either Parma Drag Racing sheets or old Team Associated Dual Sport Mustang decal sheets.  Not sure where you could get them new nowadays, but I still see the old sheets on Ebay from time to time.  

Thanks, what are they mounted on to get them sitting right on the grille?

I just used a spare piece of lexan cut to shape and then adhered it to the grille using some E6000 adhesive.  Gives it a nice little touch.  

Had the truck out this weekend and I was very impressed with its capability for the size.  Drivetrain is also very smooth, MST makes a nice kit.  The tires are awesome, was climbing obstacles that some of my larger trail trucks can't.  Most of my trucks are quite heavy, this one is so light.  It gave an advantage over some obstacles and created a disadvantage over others.  In short, if anyone is considering an MST kit I would highly recommend it.  Build was fun and truck performs very well.  Best part is Tamiya bodies fit perfectly.

• Thanks 1