Sign in to follow this  
graemevw

Ta02 wheelbase and general ta02 vs tt02

I have a ta02sw. I just flipped the rear arms which now makes the wheelbase 251mm.

Is there a way to get it to the standard 257mm?

Secondly, what would make a better basic club racer, i have the option of my ta02 (with all the black Porsche hop ups) or a base model tt02 which will get as many low money tweeks as possible and some cva's but will stay basically povo spec.

Thanks.

Yes, replace the rear arms(which are from a ta01 on the sw) with ta02 jobbies👍

• Like 1

The TT-02 would get my vote as a club racer. If you want to race, you don't want any little voices in the back of your mind telling you to take it easy in order to protect a vintage or limited edition model. With a TT, you can go all out guilt free. 

It can also handle more power with fewer breakages, and spares are more plentiful. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

The TT-02 would get my vote as a club racer. If you want to race, you don't want any little voices in the back of your mind telling you to take it easy in order to protect a vintage or limited edition model. With a TT, you can go all out guilt free. 

It can also handle more power with fewer breakages, and spares are more plentiful. 

Now deep down, i knew this.

Similar scenarios hasnt stopped me using my vintage super astute and my vanquish as track toys though, but as you say, being carefull is always a consideration and that doesnt make for good racing.

Ill take my 911 carrera body of my lengthened ta02sw then and buy a touring body for the tt02.

Back to plan A.

Must stop silly thoughts of racing the black special with its full cockpit and lights 😂

Bargain!

Unfortunately im an idiot so ill no doubt persevere with the poverty spec chassis purely because i already have it.

Just in case i see reason, whats the benefits of the S again? 

• Haha 1

Adjustable suspension using TA-05 Arms and turn-buckles, metal dogbones and outdrives, oil filled cva dampers, frp damper mounts, ball bearings, torque tuned motor...

• Like 1