Carts

How to paint f350 rubber mirrors

Need help. What spray or paint do I need to use on the f350 mirrors 

I have a Hummer and it has unbreakable flexible rubber mirrors. 

Anything I paint will come off.    

ZG71cFn.jpg

So I put pieces of aluminum tape.  

They have not come off since 1995.  This it not real shiny, most of the times they just look white. 

But they are passable.  

zoT69Ww.jpg

It's useful in the light buckets too. They reflect light well enough. 

I drilled out and glued clear plastic and scored the lines with a knife, so they look kinda butchered, but again, passable enough from afar.  

s6ju6ey.jpg

If you want something shinier, you can use shiny silver sticker like AAA sticker they used to mail you every month (that was a long time ago).

The the AAA sticker itself isn't mirror-like.  It's got perforations so it won't reflect sun in the eyes of the driver behind.  But outside the sticker, the unused part is mirror like.  Maybe you can find foil tapes in arts and craft store?  There must be plain mirror-like stickers (not the twinkly or narrow ones like below).  

HdkW29R.jpg

FQtGByC.jpg

wglFkTA.jpg

i dont know but when i painted the fender flairs for my bruiser which are rubber i used tamiya fine surface primer and tamiya ts paint followed by clear coat and for some reason they feel sticky know. perhaps i did something wrong

I haven't tried it, but maybe Flex Seal Spray?

www.flexsealproducts.com

Are you trying to replicate the glass part of the mirror or paint the frame itself. If it's glass then some form of sticky backed foil would be best if its the frames Im not sure what you could use?  Rubber is notoriously difficult to paint. Even more so than loveable lexan!!!!!!

Self adhesive chrome foil is the nearest I’ve found for rubber mirror inserts.

And commercial marine paint (used on boat hulls) is expensive but holds longest before cracking on the mirror body - noting anything will suffer eventually on bendy items like these.