Volksbury

Mercedes Actros 3363 (item 56354)

Hello

I have a question regarding the lights on the front of this model and I’m hoping that someone has already built one!  I’m thinking if this as my next model, but want to have a nice set of illuminated lights on the front.  The kit shows both bumper and roof lights but do these light up and if so, do they come with the kit or would I need to buy them separately?  Would be interested in hearing any tips that you might of on this model as well.  

Hope that someone might be able to help.

Thanks

Martin

Kit does not come with lights - you need to buy the 56523 set but you may still need to buy extra LED's which Mr Tamiya will be happy to sell you.

You should be able to download the relevant manuals from the TamiyaUSA website to study.

I believe other sound & light units are available for the 1/14 truck kits but I have no experience of those. 

as you can see this is what i got to light up using the kit mfu leds their is one that doesn't work on the front and thats the high beam in the headlights as i used the leds for the roof lights by the roof bar the yellows ones are meant for the side of the truck but i wanted the roof spots to work instead but if you want the side one to work them i would say you will need more kit leds

IMG_20190728_125702.jpg1

Thanks for the photo, make a bit more sense now.  The bottom LED’s look lovely and bright and that’s the look that I want to be going for.  So, by the sounds of it, the standard LED’s in the MFC kit (did you use 01 or 03?) will be fine but I might need a few extra to get the same standard in the roof lights.

Thanks

Martin

for this truck i used the mfc-03 but make sure if you buy more leds they are specially for the mfc-03 as others wont work with it. But as its been said their are other light and sound kits out their and tbh are a lot cheaper but then again i have never used other light sets so cant comment on them either.