Sign in to follow this  
junkmunki

Anyone seen one of these before?

While discussing models that never really cought on, i mentioned that i have a Kyosho Super Lazer Porsche 956. I never thought of asking on the Kyosho thread before, has anybody ever seen or had one before?

I cant find any info on this, and i cant find another anywhere on the net. I wondered if this was a Japanese market only kit, or whether is was just produced in low numbers for a very short time.

superlazer.jpg

• Like 1

Huh, nope. Is it the same chassis as the Super Alta, like a plastic space frame? Or is it more of a normal pan car?

22 minutes ago, a.w.k. said:

Featured in the 1980 Kyosho Catalogue

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=40875

It must be a little newer than 1980. The real Porsche 956 didn't appear before 1982. And as I'm currently restoring a Kyosho ATC 250R, I've looked a little into the history of the real thing and if I recall correctly, the first 250R was released in 1982 or possibly as modelyear 1982 (release in autumn 1981).  I have an older version of the Kyosho mini-catalog, but it still covers the Scorpion and Scorpion Beetle, so even my catalog is as "new" as 1982 or newer, but the Super Laser series hadn't been released yet. So my estimation is that the catalog with the Super Laser is from roughly 1984-1985, dating the release of the kit to about the same time.

2 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

It must be a little newer than 1980. The real Porsche 956 didn't appear before 1982. And as I'm currently restoring a Kyosho ATC 250R, I've looked a little into the history of the real thing and if I recall correctly, the first 250R was released in 1982 or possibly as modelyear 1982 (release in autumn 1981).  I have an older version of the Kyosho mini-catalog, but it still covers the Scorpion and Scorpion Beetle, so even my catalog is as "new" as 1982 or newer, but the Super Laser series hadn't been released yet. So my estimation is that the catalog with the Super Laser is from roughly 1984-1985, dating the release of the kit to about the same time.

Yes, the catalogue in richytanimals Showroom is from the 1980s , so it could possibly be from 1980-1989.

I forgot the "s" in the first post.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, markbt73 said:

Huh, nope. Is it the same chassis as the Super Alta, like a plastic space frame? Or is it more of a normal pan car?

It does have almost the same chassis as the Super Alta. I think it came almost completed and ready to run, with just the shell to be painted and a few bits such as wheels to be fitted.

It has had little use, but the paint is flaking off of the lexan shell, so its on the resto waiting list.