J@mes

Blackfoot body

SBF

Hi folks, I want to know if the Blackfoot Extreme body was labelled as the Blackfoot Extreme or as the Super Blackfoot?

I understand that flareside Ford F-150 body has been used on the ones mentioned above, the Blackfoot and the rerelease, anything else? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

The Xtreme body was the old King Blackfoot body , the original BF body was used on BF1 , SBF,  BF3 and re-re BF and is not the same as the Xtreme body

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing that out @KEV THE REV my mistake, I should’ve checked. 

So the question is what are the labels on the body for the Blackfoot 3? Anyone got one they can put up a photo of please?

Can't help with BF3 , but BF1 has 'rcc Blackfoot' in it , the original F150 on the Ranger has Ranger stamped in it , so I suspect the BF3 still has Blackfoot stamped in it as it is a Blackfoot edition albeit with more body holes , I guess it all depends on what SB had stamped in it .

10 hours ago, J@mes said:

SBF

Hi folks, I want to know if the Blackfoot Extreme body was labelled as the Blackfoot Extreme or as the Super Blackfoot?

I understand that flareside Ford F-150 body has been used on the ones mentioned above, the Blackfoot and the rerelease, anything else? 

Thanks! 

Yeah it was!  box and all called blackfoot extreme, it was back in the day when they first started to just have the actual picture of said trucks/buggies on some random off road set up on the box (basically to save on packaging costs me thinks) the painted lovely white boxes must be more expensive to produce but 1000% better in every way than a photo!

TAM58312_a0.jpeg.jpg

Believe it or not, the Super Blackfoot was the first of the series to use a photograph in place of boxart. The next Blackfoot incarnation, the King Blackfoot returned to using boxart and then it was back to photographs with the Extreme version. I remember being highly disappointed (and surprised) when I originally saw the Super Blackfoot photo box back in the day. If I only knew then how bad that situation (as well as how the kits were internally presented) would get in time.

10 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

Can't help with BF3 , but BF1 has 'rcc Blackfoot' in it , the original F150 on the Ranger has Ranger stamped in it , so I suspect the BF3 still has Blackfoot stamped in it as it is a Blackfoot edition albeit with more body holes , I guess it all depends on what SB had stamped in it .

That is what I want to know! I have a spare BF shell which is stamped identical to my SBF & I would like to know if it could be from a BF3 or not. 

9 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah it was!  box and all called blackfoot extreme, it was back in the day when they first started to just have the actual picture of said trucks/buggies on some random off road set up on the box (basically to save on packaging costs me thinks) the painted lovely white boxes must be more expensive to produce but 1000% better in every way than a photo!

TAM58312_a0.jpeg.jpg

I love the KBF & the body is awesome, I need a Blackfoot Extreme!!! & the space to keep collecting Trucks :)

9 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Believe it or not, the Super Blackfoot was the first of the series to use a photograph in place of boxart. The next Blackfoot incarnation, the King Blackfoot returned to using boxart and then it was back to photographs with the Extreme version. I remember being highly disappointed (and surprised) when I originally saw the Super Blackfoot photo box back in the day. If I only knew then how bad that situation (as well as how the kits were internally presented) would get in time.

Tamiya box art is certainly far superior to boring photograph box art. But the catalogue photography is so seductive. 

My question still stands, has anyone got insight as to what the stamp on a BF3 body looks like?

Thanks, I’ve seen that listing. I really like the flame decals on the BF3.