acprc

All things nitro

On 7/31/2019 at 3:36 AM, acprc said:

Usual reason for burning up plugs is the mixture is too lean. Richen the mixture up till the exhaust smokes when using the throttle. 

A base line set up is 1 1/2 turns out?

So 2 turns out will be on the rich side? 

On 7/31/2019 at 3:36 AM, acprc said:

I nearly always use OS A3 and A8 glow plugs.

I'm sure they were OS plugs, they might have been cheaper eBay brands (get what you pay for??🤔)

Any recommendations on fuel brand or percentage?

I think the best line of attack would be new fuel, new plug, stock/baseline set up and try again.

8 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

A base line set up is 1 1/2 turns out?

So 2 turns out will be on the rich side? 

I'm sure they were OS plugs, they might have been cheaper eBay brands (get what you pay for??🤔)

Any recommendations on fuel brand or percentage?

I think the best line of attack would be new fuel, new plug, stock/baseline set up and try again.

fp10.jpg

I tend to use Byrons and Model Technic fuels. 16% is usually a pretty good starting point 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acprc said:

fp10.jpg

I tend to use Byrons and Model Technic fuels. 16% is usually a pretty good starting point 

Perfect!

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Wow awesome , i was thinking i am the only one that are into Tymia Nitro Cars.  at the moment i am restoring a Mighty Ballista and an NDF-01 as Runners.  Any tips for Upgrades besides Ball bearings in the Ballista?

Guy, I asked the Admin to move my TR-15T topic over here. Shall we move some more Nitro topics to here to get them all together?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Collin said:

Guy, I asked the Admin to move my TR-15T topic over here. Shall we move some more Nitro topics to here to get them all together?

I moved this one over, I will keep an eye on any more obvious ones to move.

• Thanks 1

Great, if I dig for some interesting stuff, i will post it.

• Like 1

Hi all

just found and read this thread it is very interesting

I have a question I have been looking on eBay and found a second hand nitro chassis I think it is a TNS chassis are they very rare and hard to get parts for and also are they very expensive.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Doc Hollywood said:

Hi all

just found and read this thread it is very interesting

I have a question I have been looking on eBay and found a second hand nitro chassis I think it is a TNS chassis are they very rare and hard to get parts for and also are they very expensive.  

Generally not difficult to get most parts for the TNS chassis but as with most of the Tamiya nitro kits they are discontinued. The TNS shares some parts with the TG-10 Nitro cars and the TB EVO electric cars. Engines are either FS-12SW or FS-12FD in the later cars. The engine parts, especially pullstarts etc can be expensive and parts are drying up. The fuel tank if damaged is very expensive. A new one when they come up will go for around £45-50 so factor that in to the price if its damaged.

I am restoring a TNS-FD car here: TNS Nissan GTR Restoration

That's a cool thread he did a nice job on that  I do like the TNS chassis but the fact the parts are so dear is a bit off putting  I have messaged the seller and he dose say its in good condition but and the motor turns are Tamiya engines almost bullet proof? I have added a link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-TAMIYA-1-10-NITRO-RACING-CAR-SPARES-REPAIR-NR/114353216813?hash=item1a9ffb9d2d:g:2kQAAOSwYR5fMkhB 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Hollywood said:

That's a cool thread he did a nice job on that  I do like the TNS chassis but the fact the parts are so dear is a bit off putting  I have messaged the seller and he dose say its in good condition but and the motor turns are Tamiya engines almost bullet proof? I have added a link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-TAMIYA-1-10-NITRO-RACING-CAR-SPARES-REPAIR-NR/114353216813?hash=item1a9ffb9d2d:g:2kQAAOSwYR5fMkhB 

Seen that one. My observations:

Not the original Tamiya engine, doesnt mean bad things but its not.

Needs a new pullstart, I would want to know what engine is in it to do some homework on the recoil availability and price.

Needs a better exhaust!

Odd hole in the radio box lid, not sure why as its just batteries under it?

Chassis plate shows quite a lot of wear so its been run a lot.

The rear upright might be broken as its a common fix to use cable ties to try and hold it on. They break when the car is run with no body and turns over. The upright mounts are part of the gearbox case so if it is broken it will need a new gearbox front. Same part as the TG10.

Fuel tank looks good