acprc

Parts that are getting hard to find

Thought I would start a thread about Tamiya nitro parts that are getting hard to find. I am deliberately leaving bodies, wheels and tyres out as they tend to be generic to any kit range, not just nitro. Feel free to comment and add to the list, who knows we may help each other out!

So a starter for ten

Tamiya Air filters (cleaners) in general. TGS, TNX, TGX, TR-15t are all getting hard to find

51032 TNX Clutch shoes

VR-15s OPS Engine parts. Never been easy but parts are just difficult to get now

Novarossi CX-12 engine parts. As above, I have never seen a spare heatsink head

TGR Muffler and manifold. Only ever seen two come up for sale and they made really good money.

Chassis plates for most Tamiya Nitro. TG-10 and Mad Bison are still about but most are now getting hard to find or expensive

BMT OPS Engine mounts. Been looking for nearly two years!

TR-15T D Parts tree (That infamous bulkhead)

I have a complete new Terra Crusher engine, I bought as a spare years ago. Can I retire and live off that? Funnily enough it had a new air filter on it but last time I checked a mouse had ate it.

1 hour ago, netsmithUK said:

I have a complete new Terra Crusher engine, I bought as a spare years ago. Can I retire and live off that? Funnily enough it had a new air filter on it but last time I checked a mouse had ate it.

The mouse might be rarer! In all honesty the Terra Crusher Engines are still about, the filters not so much.

In general I have the impression that chassis parts like suspension, gearbox and other sprues are still reasonably well available. Of course there are one or the other part, which is already sold very expensive.
But what strikes me (especially with the 1:8) is that all bodys, bodyparts and rims of Japanese models (Toyota, Skyline, Subaru etc) are much rarer than the German Mercedes, Porsche, Opel, Alfa etc). For example a TS020 body for the TGR can hardly be found anymore.

I've been slowly but surely finding parts for my 5.2R.  Though prices seem to fluctuate wildly.  I went a little crazy on Tamiya USA's site because they still had a lot of stock.  Picked up an unpainted body for $9.99.  Also got two of the beveled ring and pinion hop-ups.  The shock seals and o rings I found at Fusion Hobbies and they should be on their way.  Still lacking 1 differential gear set and I need a gas tank, fuel lines and a filter.  The original gas tank is lacking the primer pump.  I'm slowly becoming an expert on all the TGM chassis and parts interchangeability :D

Ever seen these in the wild? Would love to find a set.

TMsCTY8.jpg

Also the TNX Pro? shocks.  I think they are Pro Line.

ui4lT8S.jpg

3 hours ago, Juggernut said:

I've been slowly but surely finding parts for my 5.2R.  Though prices seem to fluctuate wildly.  I went a little crazy on Tamiya USA's site because they still had a lot of stock.  Picked up an unpainted body for $9.99.  Also got two of the beveled ring and pinion hop-ups.  The shock seals and o rings I found at Fusion Hobbies and they should be on their way.  Still lacking 1 differential gear set and I need a gas tank, fuel lines and a filter.  The original gas tank is lacking the primer pump.  I'm slowly becoming an expert on all the TGM chassis and parts interchangeability :D

Ever seen these in the wild? Would love to find a set.

TMsCTY8.jpg

Also the TNX Pro? shocks.  I think they are Pro Line.

ui4lT8S.jpg

LOL, I have one set of the MPI CVD's in silver not blue, I need another and I am also searching! They are 6025-00 Proline Progressive Powerstroke bypass shocks and are expensive used, the set on Ebay is £110 as I type this.

1-f456762fd6dd2b56b2b75c7f1fc81df2.jpg

2019-07-30-17-38-59-Pro-Line-Powerstroke

The shocks are generally for E-Maxx and T-Maxx and were recognized as the best you can get for them so the price stays high even for used sets.

I have all the bits needed now to build the same truck apart from one set of the CVD's. I have the servos, wheels, tyres, fuel filter, rotostart parts and engine backplate and the servo saver.

• Thanks 1