Seanster43

Slowish DT-03 Build

Hello, I recently got hold of a racing fighter kit for a great price. It’s not going to be a quick build as I’m really busy with other things in life at present however I’m looking forward to what lies ahead. I was looking at other cars and so on and read a few other members builds so I got looking at the DT-03 as I think it’ll fit in well for my needs and seems a good bit of kit for upgrading as my skills progress.  I’ve had a long break from rc cars, how things have changed a lot lol.  Anyways I look forward to picking some of your brains for hints and tips.

Sean

67B1852E-2E6E-4C00-B73F-6F0931B6FC38.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi @Seanster43, not sure about your pics posting the wrong way round as I'm pretty awful with stuff like that :mellow:

Good choice in model though. I have a DT03 also, but the Neo Fighter version which came with upgraded shocks and motor. I've currently been gathering parts for mine in order to change it a little after looking at @ThunderDragonCy's thread on here (well worth a read through!). There are a fair few parts interchangeable from other models depending on where you want to go with it. The gearbox is also identical to the earlier DT02 model.

Happy building!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I had a nosey at his build some good tips there.  Chassis is now completed, I fitted a full set of ball bearings so far that’s the only hop-up part for now.  I’ve decided on yellow for the body and I’ve made a carbon rear wing something a bit different.  I have ordered a few alloy bits too for areas that seem weak on this chassis.  I will get more bits fitted as and when I get the chance. 

It’s been a low build but fun, just want to get out and use it soon

This arrived this morning.  The rear one will be here sometime next week. 

1EF63849-D28B-421B-B8FD-5691A768C1AC.jpeg

• Like 1

Fitted, and finally worked out that I need to take photos horizontally to upload them to this sight lol.  Also fitted a steel pinion as read the alloy ones are poor.  Going to run the stock tyres for now as will mainly be off road.  

B1916C9F-464E-4F02-86D8-DCE0B06F479A.jpeg

• Like 2

Excuse the quality of the picture as this website is a pain in the erse to upload decent pictures from an iPhone for some reason. Anyways had it out for a run today, seemed okay struggled in the grass tbh it wasn’t too long but I’m presuming that it would also be due to the grass being wet that the run time wasn’t great as well. Anyways got another few places to try out next weekend. Car rolled a couple of times didn’t break anything so happy days! 

EB17E1B4-BD17-4C81-87C6-EDAA055BFD5D.png

Looking good. I received some of the final pieces of the puzzle for mine at the weekend, so will hopefully have it on the operating table this week at some point. Ill post some pics in the build section, although it's more of a rebuild/revamp than an actual build itself.

I hadn't bothered with the front or rear carbon shock towers, but keep looking at them wondering should I..Shouldn't I <_<

I bought the TRF201 (part number 54211) wing set to use on mine for something different. Going to leave them clear with some TRF decals sourced from eBay.

• Like 1

Nice one sounds good! Good to keep on top of them. My main reason was for tweaking the suspension I’ve ordered some turnbuckles too, new tyres then that will be me until I desire more power. Still to get stickers on the go too. All takes time I guess. Look forward to your updates 👍🏻👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Finally got a few extra bits done on the car. Only had it out once since it’s been built. I’ve fitted the turnbuckle set,alloy front and rear hubs. Finally got the stickers on, looks good now just need to get out and use it more. Whenever I have spare time it rains 🙄. Still on the look out for a rally car project at some point too. 

Sean

50521524-957E-421D-9620-AA34777F806C.jpeg

• Like 2