dc-arena

CC-02 Cross Country chassis

Same diff and diff lockers as cc-01 !?

(Looking at manual page that's showing)

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Yay. Phillips' head screws. C'mon Tamiya.

It would be great if it was Philips. But where I'm supposed to get JIS scredriver in the middle of Europe? :D

2 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Was not expecting plastic frame rails.  Interesting selection for sure.

It wouldn't be Tamiya if it didn't have all plastic chassis :D

19 minutes ago, Honza said:

It would be great if it was Philips. But where I'm supposed to get JIS scredriver in the middle of Europe? :D

Any Tamiyashop/supplier. ;)

8 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

No, JIS ;) get a JIS driver and your hatred for Tamiya screws will dissolve :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taffer said:

Same diff and diff lockers as cc-01 !?

(Looking at manual page that's showing)

It definitely looks that way.

VaWs8qg.jpg

I am liking the look of the plastics. They appear to be the fibre reinforced ones used on the higher end kits. 

8 hours ago, Blista said:

Tamiya will release blue, white and red plastic rails.

And later some blue aluminium ones.

And then silver aluminium ones.

And then some "special edition" black aluminium ones.

And you'll all buy them.  :lol:

So true! Hahaha!

But seriously, I'll skip the CC-02 and get an HPI Venture instead. I have spent so much on my CC-01 already. Now I want a more serious crawler.

7 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

So true! Hahaha!

But seriously, I'll skip the CC-02 and get an HPI Venture instead. I have spent so much on my CC-01 already. Now I want a more serious crawler.

No! Get a MST CMX... It's exactly what this car SHOULD have been, and you can use your CC01 bodies!

3 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

No! Get a MST CMX... It's exactly what this car SHOULD have been, and you can use your CC01 bodies!

I want a longer wheelbase crawler and put a Toyota LC70 (hard body) on to it. So the Venture is just right with the right peice too. 

• Like 1

I'm liking the plastics and general "Tamiya-ness" of this kit; however, I hate the body choice and continued use of JIS screws.

I'd like a Bowler body. It would really suit this chassis well, especially with the diffs unlocked and a mild motor upgrade.

I'll probably get one once more body choices are available, or if Tamiya does a "Pro" version without a body set.

I'm as big a Tamiya fan as anyone, but they're about 10 years too late on this one.  Why anyone would buy this over an MST is beyond me.  Not to mention the fact that it looks even more like a toy than the CC01.   The only thing I don't mind is the use of JIS screws.  Get the right tools and they're great.  I generally prefer hex hardware for looks, but the Tamiya screws are always high quality and work well when using the right tools.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, lsear2905 said:

They are JIS. If you use a Philips you'll struggle. 

Could it be that the plastics used in CC02 are FRP plastic? Seems strange on the close-ups.

looks to be using the FRP plastic, It wouldn't surprise me, the layout doesn't look built enough to be regular tamiya plastic. 

There is alot of different grades of FRP Tamiya uses, from only slightly stiffer to very stiff. Remains to be seen when we get them in hand what the flex is like, but a little flex in the chassis for a crawler probably not a bad thing. 

But i can't see how they could use the same plastic as the CC01, it'd be floppy and uselessly flexy. 

Kinda Disapointed with the plastic centre driveshafts, but i guess Traxxas have been doing it for years, chances are it'll be more than tough enough. Although I wonder about what they will be like with mud in them.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leo99 said:

220 Euro is a lot of money for all these plastic parts

They want to give you the chance to spend another 220 Euros for Tamiya Hop-Up metal parts... :D

After all they are Tamiya Plastic Model Factory...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure about those holes in the axle casings - looks like a point of entry for dirt. I'd probably plug them with grub screws or something.

Looks like snag heaven to me, to much plastic parts hanging super low and the braces on the bottom of the pumpkins who would do such a dumb thing?

The on/off switch placement is pretty daft. That has to be changed, if you don't want the thing switching itself off randomly. Some scale shocks would look so much nicer than those chunky units. Still not putting me off getting one though. 🙄