dc-arena

CC-02 Cross Country chassis

17 minutes ago, taffer said:

The box shows CC-02L !

Yeah...long wheelbase I'm thinking. Looking at the underside in the pictures it looks as if  you can get a shorter wheelbase by move the links closer together and the driveshafts will telescope enough to be used for both configurations. 

• Like 1

Meh. Yawn. Somebody wake me up if they decide to stick the Jeep YJ body on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is a potential dilemma! Get the g500 experience the build etc at the start (always exciting) or hang on because maybe by the time Nuremburg rolls around there could be a couple more models released!

(I'm not a big fan of G500)

• Like 1

I think the IFS G500 is a silly shell to put on the solid axle CC-02, but I am rather tempted to buy one, stick the G500 shell on my CC-01 to more accurately represent the fullsize suspension and get a Defender shell for this.

Either that, or wait until Tamiya release the combo themselves - it shouldn't be long I wouldn't think before we see some if not all of the CC-01 shells that should have had solid axles under them released on this chassis.

Thing is , you can bet your bottom dollar tamiya will release the New 2020 Defender on this chassis, and that puppys IRS and IFS. So Tamiya!

• Like 1

It looks more like a 4x4x offroad scale  to me, something that can go offroad, but is not intended for rockclimbing. More for trials. 
I probably will get one just for the fact that it is a Tamiya, but I also have a MST CFX and is definatly something between the CC-01 and the MST CMX/CFX. 
Bit on the fence if I like it or not. G500 body is one of the better looking G500 bodies, but not a real fan of the G500. Hope it will come with other body choices soon. 

7 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Not sure about those holes in the axle casings - looks like a point of entry for dirt. I'd probably plug them with grub screws or something.

Looks like that’s what the shock attaches too, but they’ve put the hole both sides. Grub screw or short machine screw will be the go. Maybe the Tamiya USA assembler missed doing that bit. 

9 hours ago, Cesco said:

It looks more like a 4x4x offroad scale  to me, something that can go offroad, but is not intended for rockclimbing. 

Yeh, I think this is where they are going.  Pretty much where the CC01 already is.  And that makes sense, casual buyers still choose the CC01 for backyard bashing, Tamiya enthusiasts still buy them for light trail duties and scale builders still buy them for smaller road-and-trail-focused builds.  With so many other good rock crawling chassis around, only real masochists (like me) actually try to make a CC01 work on the heavy stuff.

I think the CC02 will sit in the same market spot.  I'm considering one for my long-stalled clod-bod project.

• Like 1

tamiya usa

https://www.tamiyausa.com/blog/tamiya-cc-02-trail-truck-pictures-part-2/?fbclid=IwAR02wtuW7keH7szS3MIaLylvO5qvC4iObmdmyg4jO61T713HtCwmcKoJu-E

spacer.png

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the G500 will fit on a CC01? 

I'm wanting a CC02 - but I want to fit my YJ Jeep body to it!!

My LHS has told me my CC02 should be in late November too. Just in time for my birthday 😎

There's a couple of concerns looking at the manual.......

Part C9 plastic ball connectors (pivot balls)!?

This can't be ideal!? Better to replace with metal ones.....

Stage 23+29, the machine screw just screws in to the plastic rather than a nut on the end? Will this last? (Also those c9 parts again)

Laydown or upright servo? Stage 38

Which is best or just a preference?

Looks a fun build. Be interesting to see if the servo mounting options provide differing amounts of travel or maybe reduce bump steer.

Interesting that the stock kit comes with a 16T pinion.  I had thought that they would use maybe a 20T or higher for the stock kit, which is typically going to be faster than is actually useful off road, and then enable people to slow it down for trail driving with a 16T.

iGHFjR5.jpg

They're definitely sticking with the old tyres for now by the looks of it.  Re-using the CR01 metal driveshafts too.

I think I've managed to talk myself out of buying the G500 model.  I'll wait and see what comes next and what hop-ups become necessary.