dc-arena

CC-02 Cross Country chassis

3 hours ago, berman said:

They have the G500 in my LHS, keep looking at it... (hate the body, but maybe I can rat/weather it for a runner?)

Remarkable job on the Landy, @Beetlemankurt

Well done! 🤘

Thanks Berman, I’d like to take the credit for this one but I’m the wrong Beetleman!....we must be breeding! :lol:......you are right though, it’s a beautiful job, well done (new) Beetleman!

Cheers Kurt

p.s. I’m still keeping an eye out for a local truck event to take the Scania for a spin! (Sorry for being off topic).

• Haha 1

Anyone know of an after market upgrade for wheel arch liner type things (like CC01 / XV01) but for the CC02? 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, Beetlemankurt said:

Thanks Berman, I’d like to take the credit for this one but I’m the wrong Beetleman!....we must be breeding! :lol:......you are right though, it’s a beautiful job, well done (new) Beetleman!

Cheers Kurt

p.s. I’m still keeping an eye out for a local truck event to take the Scania for a spin! (Sorry for being off topic).

Woops! 😂

O/T, There may be one in Pahiatua on the 21/22 August (long drive!), and the Waikato guys are trying to organise one soon hopefully. Will keep you in the loop.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 11:37 PM, BuggyGuy said:

Anyone got their mits on the new alloy shock hopups yet and care to do a little review or post a few pics? Part #54991

Quite tempted to order a set. Currently have a set of Carson Big Bores - but other than being cheap they don't have a lot going for them :lol:

I've got these now and they look great (though not yet fitted/tested!)

If anyone else is looking for these dampers but can't stomach the £80+ pricing these appear to be going for here in the UK. Amazon UK currently has 1 set left with next day delivery for just under £50.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

I've got these now and they look great (though not yet fitted/tested!)

If anyone else is looking for these dampers but can't stomach the £80+ pricing these appear to be going for here in the UK. Amazon UK currently has 1 set left with next day delivery for just under £50.

Thanks, and dang you, I thought I was done with rc spending this month :D

Not seen it mentioned in the thread yet, but there's a few new parts recently announced:

22002 CC-02 Aluminum Servo Mount

22041 CC02 Aluminium Rear Member

I've got the servo mount on the way as I wasn't that happy with the stock one, will post some pics when it arrives.

The issue I didn't like with the kit servo mount is when mounting horizontal (standard) the servo wire is a little squashed, no cut-out provided

The Mercedes GS500 kit languished in my to do list. Nearly done but not there yet. No feel for the GS500 body. Decided to convert to a Unimog.

IMG_9470.jpg

These are lying around

IMG_9481.jpg

White primer coat

IMG_9482.jpg

TS86 Pure Red

IMG_9589.jpg

Aftermarket tires

IMG_9591.jpg

Red wheels done. Need body posts and shock / body mount parts. Misplaced.

IMG_9593(1).jpg

Painted this a while back. Plastic bits misplaced. New body coming so that I can cannibalize the relevant bits

• Like 5

Can anyone share the relevant pages of the CC02 Unimog manual? Trying to figure out how to fit the Unimog body onto the CC02. Thanks.

52 minutes ago, joeling said:

Can anyone share the relevant pages of the CC02 Unimog manual? Trying to figure out how to fit the Unimog body onto the CC02. Thanks.

This link should work I think:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/downloads/300058692/300058692_Anleitung_Instruction_MB_Unimog_406_U900_CC-02S_05-2021.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiggs3O5pzzAhUMWsAKHb2CBqwQFnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3ARBTwcspCnCjdynS8bZWb

• Thanks 1

Thanks ! Looks like the Unimog body supplied with the CC02 has different rear mounting holes. :-(

Managed to mount the body after some adjustment. Wheelbase had to be shortened for the Unimog as well. 

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

• Like 6

What is that combination of Unimog Colors?

Body Color(s) = ??

Wheel Color = TS86 Pure Red

Did you order the wheels as a spare part? or did you buy a kit? 

Love the Look! 

• Like 1

Hi Greanie,

The body was painted with PS54 Cobalt green. I converted the G wagon kit to for the Unimog. Had to rim new body post holes for the rear as this CC01/CR01 Unimog body has different mounting holes for the rear. I had a spare set of black wheels lying around so I painted them TS86. Could not find the red wheels anywhere.

Regards,

Joe Ling

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, BuggyGuy said:

Anyone know of an after market upgrade for wheel arch liner type things (like CC01 / XV01) but for the CC02? 

I'd like to know too.....  I would only need the front, for when I start my CC-02  Unimog 😉

I’ve seen some on shapeways but they look like they are per side front and back, they also have some translucent front blinkers I’d like but not in a million years am I paying €32 for them!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nwc100 said:

... they also have some translucent front blinkers I’d like but not in a million years am I paying €32 for them!

Me neither!

Back in Perth for the holidays. Nothing to do. Went to the local Hobby Shop & bought a CC02 kit. Blazing hot weather is good for painting.

8777EE3F-4AAD-4C66-AC1F-369457ED755E-195

335F0C09-89F2-4ED1-8A33-02C373BBB386-195

4EDB23B4-3BF1-4309-8306-2071F06C8562-195

AD8C6BE6-ED81-4421-AE25-8CD7E2BB90A8-195

4EDB23B4-3BF1-4309-8306-2071F06C8562-19506F7D2F4-D063-46E1-8032-EA15E3DAD0DE-195

• Like 9

Any insights to eliminate bump steer ?

I saw pics of servo on axle but also saw a pic of someone adding another bar linking the axle to the main chassis but could not make out any details.