speedy_w_beans

Tamiyaclub Official Top 10 Fastest RC'ers (Part 2)

Chris hasn't fixed the issue with editing first posts/topic posts, so until then there's not much I can do to update the list.  I don't think it would be a good idea to copy it over and over in complete form, so we're stuck for now.

8 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Chris hasn't fixed the issue with editing first posts/topic posts, so until then there's not much I can do to update the list.  I don't think it would be a good idea to copy it over and over in complete form, so we're stuck for now.

Ok speedy I’ll just have to work harder on going faster 

I think we should add a brushed category :-) that is the real competition :-)

19 hours ago, lowspot said:

I think we should add a brushed category :-) that is the real competition :-)

There is a silver can category! 😏

Silver can is just the standard silver can but there are a lot of good brushed motors available and they are not allowed - 8T Orion or 11T super modified, and so on . . . .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lowspot said:

there are a lot of good brushed motors available and they are not allowed

Thought all elecs are legal?

(I'd ban gyros, but that's me...😬)

Only rules are, must have a body shell, and must use ,model specific gearbox's and gears.

Run a modified brushed motor and claim fastest brushed, someone will think it's beatable, and a new category is born 😀

• Like 1

I'm offended that my 'slightly' X-01 assisted Wild One was disallowed.....

It's a bit sad, that this doesn't work anymore.Can you not just update the list as an answer instead of having only one list at the beginning of the thread?

That keeps the listing up to date and is far more comfortable than going back to page one all the time?

Just my 50 cents . . . .

On 8/1/2019 at 6:00 PM, speedy_w_beans said:
  1. Speed runs must have the body shell mounted on the chassis; this can be the original Tamiya shell or a Lexan/hardbody aftermarket one.

Just to clarify, are there any restrictions on how bodyshells can be cut? I have seen people cutting even built-in wings down to reduce drag, for example. Basically, do we have carte blanche to modify bodyshells as we see fit, as long as the car has one? I am presuming so, or otherwise the potential for dispute over cut-lines and wing mountings would be huge.

I'm super busy with work these days and don't have hardly any time for RCs anymore.  The little free time I do have is spent with my wife.  Anyone who would like to copy the list into a new post or new thread feel free to do so.  I may not be active in RC for another half year or year with the way things are going now.  It was fun while it lasted...

• Thanks 2

Thanks for running with the thread @speedy_w_beans ,trying to juggle work, family life and hobbies, can get overwhelming.

All the best 👍

I'm in a similar position, and not been as active as previous years, but I'll throw my hat in the ring, rather than see the fun stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Anyone who would like to copy the list into a new post or new thread feel free to do so.  I may not be active in RC for another half year or year with the way things are going now.  It was fun while it lasted...

I'm sorry, everyone. My dumb bodyshell question seems to have pushed @speedy_w_beans over the edge.

Thank you for your dilligence and hard work, Speedy. God, um... speed.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:17 PM, Yalson said:

Just to clarify, are there any restrictions on how bodyshells can be cut?

Not really, just keep it sensible, needs to look like a car/ buggy / mad max rig etc 😏

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Not really, just keep it sensible, needs to look like a car/ buggy / mad max rig etc 😏

Right you are. Mine should be ready sometime in mid-2044.

2 hours ago, Yalson said:

Mine should be ready sometime in mid-2044.

Steady on, don't go rushing it! 🙄😂😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Steady on, don't go rushing it! 🙄😂😂

If only I could.

• Like 1

This might be my first entry into the normal class? 

Tamiya TRF416x 4wd class 

122MPH 196KPH

3s battery, Castle Creations mamba monster 2, Tp power 6850kv motor and 65/39 gearing. 

The car is pretty much all TRF416. The only thing that isn't is the rear spool which is from a TRF419 (can't find the 416 spool that easy these days) the rest of the work is just glued on carbon fiber, no modification to fit the pinion or spur, they are 48p gears that all touring cars use. 

• Like 2

I'll just add this here incase this thread gets going again. 

Tamiya TRF416x 4wd class 

128MPH 205KPH

3s battery, Castle Creations mamba monster 2, Tp power 6850kv motor and 65/39 gearing. 

• Like 2

@stew_mac That is madness!!! Lol

I have had a Novak Ballistic 3.5 turn that had never been soldered up. So I decided what the hay.. I’ll drop it in my TA05 V2, run with with 26/105 fdr 8.30, running 2S. I slapped on Alfa 155 Martini Shell and did some runs.. checked motor, was cool at 80°F. So I geared up to 29/105 fdt 7.44 and motor was still under a 100°.   I decided to have my son clock it, hit 57 mph.  So gearing wise I figure I can eek out another 3-8 mph before reaching high temps.  

The car is sick fast as it is... Now I see you’re at 120 mph plus..  that’s just insane 

I don't know what's changed since October 30 of last year, but today I tried to edit the first post to see if I could update the list, and it actually worked!  So we're back in business!

@Group c  @MPJG!  @stew_mac  your entries have been added to the list, and rankings have been adjusted.  Nice work to all of you!

@Yalson  I apologize for my grumpiness last year; there was a lot going on and I was stressed out:

I look forward to seeing more entries from other club members!

• Like 3

hmm... I still can't edit most things. If it's a one-liner, sometimes I could edit, though.  

4 hours ago, Raman36 said:

@stew_mac That is madness!!! Lol

I have had a Novak Ballistic 3.5 turn that had never been soldered up. So I decided what the hay.. I’ll drop it in my TA05 V2, run with with 26/105 fdr 8.30, running 2S. I slapped on Alfa 155 Martini Shell and did some runs.. checked motor, was cool at 80°F. So I geared up to 29/105 fdt 7.44 and motor was still under a 100°.   I decided to have my son clock it, hit 57 mph.  So gearing wise I figure I can eek out another 3-8 mph before reaching high temps.  

The car is sick fast as it is... Now I see you’re at 120 mph plus..  that’s just insane 

Thanks, 
i'm running a FDR of 3.1. my motor gets seriously hot in just the short space of time. 

I have found a new motor i want, just need the $350aud to buy it. Then i will look for the 130 - 140mph 

13 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

@Yalson  I apologize for my grumpiness last year; there was a lot going on and I was stressed out:

No problem. I don't remember what you said that may have been considered grumpy, but worry no more about it. We all have stuff going on.

Hope everything is going better now for you.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:03 AM, stew_mac said:

This might be my first entry into the normal class? 

Tamiya TRF416x 4wd class 

122MPH 196KPH

The car is pretty much all TRF416. The only thing that isn't is the rear spool which is from a TRF419 (can't find the 416 spool that easy these days) the rest of the work is just glued on carbon fiber, no modification to fit the pinion or spur, they are 48p gears that all touring cars use.

Wow. I don't think I have ever seen an RC car doing 128mph that close before. It is absurdly fast.

I have to admit, though, that I thought when you got in the car and pulled away, you were going to look over and see the 416 overtaking you.