Andyfish2000

help with my CATs please

I've had these 2 for a while and thinking of giving them a restore.  I am guessing that I have a ProCAT and an XLS but looking for confirmation before I order a couple of repro bodies.  Talking of which, am I correct in thinking the Penguin shells are pretty good quality?

Are there any other details on the cars that anyone can add to, for example are the shocks standard

Thanks

IMG_3860.JPG

IMG_3859.JPG

You're right with both cars: XL/ XLS on top, followed by a Procat. At first sight, both look rather complete and original. Except for the black motor plates on the Procat ( These are either aftermarket hopups or simply been given a black coat of paint ?).

As for the bodies i have no experience with Penguins but i  use some Team Blue Grooves on mine- they are a perfect fit and quality.

The shocks on the procat are not standard - I own a procat and the shocks are the same as the XLS.

Also, the rear wing mount on the procat looks like an XLS-type wire mount (the standard procat were black plastic).

Penguin shells are good, I've purchased the standard XLS from them before and it is spot on.  If you are after a different look they also sell a version of the Parma Fat Cat that was popular as an option on the XLS back in the day.