Sign in to follow this  
MICHAELs TopForce17

sorted

I own a top force, ff03 pro, king cab, arrma outcast 4s. I don't race so main use of my rc’s are street or park field. I did recently get a kyosho buggy but sold it thinking it’s too nice to use. Other rc’s I owned and sold are tt02, wr02 jimny, m05, axial scx10, 959, tb04, original blackfoot, dt03.

i have been thinking all this week about getting a tamiya dual rider but keep making excuses to not buy it. Like it will fall over a lot, it’s weird, people might laugh at me. Also have been thinking gmade gs02 ts builder kit but will take a few months to get all parts and would need to find somewhere to use it.

Any have a dual rider/dancing rider or gmade? Considering other kit suggestions too.

Thanks 

In fact the dual rider doesn't fall over a lot!

• Like 1

I don't think anyome on here has a dancing rider that i have seen, so if you get one then do a build and running thread please! Otherwise it seems to me that a missing part of your collection is 2wd buggy. I guess the King Cab kind of covers that and you have had a DT03, so maybe you have done it, but i would suggest looking out for a TRF201. If you are in the USA then get one off tamiyausa for 175 bucks! They are sooooo much better than the DT series buggies and a real pleasure to build and run. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I don't think anyome on here has a dancing rider that i have seen, so if you get one then do a build and running thread please! Otherwise it seems to me that a missing part of your collection is 2wd buggy. I guess the King Cab kind of covers that and you have had a DT03, so maybe you have done it, but i would suggest looking out for a TRF201. If you are in the USA then get one off tamiyausa for 175 bucks! They are sooooo much better than the DT series buggies and a real pleasure to build and run. 

$175?! That's incredible. I am guessing the UK has no prices like that! :( And, I bet Tamiya USA wont ship world wide, either.

I vote dancing rider. I was looking at these as a change from monster trucks (11 & counting). There’s something really fun about them. Judging by the footage on YouTube they are not falling over so easily. I don’t think people will laugh at it or you but that wouldn’t put me off :P

2 hours ago, dc-arena said:

$175?! That's incredible. I am guessing the UK has no prices like that! :( And, I bet Tamiya USA wont ship world wide, either.

Right on both counts unfortunately. 

You don't say what you like about the kits you have, or why you sold the ones you've had, or what you're looking for in a new kit.  Are you looking for something that will be fun to build?  Something you can run anywhere and everywhere, or something to go racing with?

If you enjoy a nice build then the Hotshot is great.  Lots of parts and a great looking buggy.  It won't perform better than your Top Force but it's nice to run in its own way, especially over rippled ground where you can see the crazy suspension working and feel it in the handling.  I like to think of the Novafox as the 2wd sister of the Hotshot, it's a similar (although less involved) build and the Fox is a great little runner if you like 2wd buggies.

Why did you sell your SCX10?  I love mine, and there's now at least 3 local Facebook groups covering the scale crawling scene in my area.  Largely thanks to the TRX-4 the whole scaler scene has gone crazy in the UK.  There are meets going on most weekends and many evenings, so there's always something to be doing, plus it's usually a nice walk in the countryside.  Would finding an active local crawler group sway you towards the Gmade?  There's a number of nice scale builder kits on the market now.

• Like 1

I have a Dancing Rider, it's great fun. Surprisingly stable and can be drifted on a slippery (dusty) surface. Not especially quick, I'm using a Tble-02 and the ridiculously expensive Tamiya Life battery but it runs forever and is safer than a Lipo. Having said that I'd go in with a Hobbywing 1060 and the small Carson Lipo which fits just to see how quick it'd go... 

• Like 1

If I was in your shoes, I'd either get a Wild One or FAV. I just like both. I always liked the Wild One since I first saw it but never had a chance to own one before. When I upgraded my kit from a Frog (a converted Subaru Brat), the Astute came out and it was definitely a better 2WD buggy than anything else Tamiya had to offer at that time so I grabbed it instead. I was also into racing so the Astute was the one to race against with the RC10 and the Ultima kits. I'd still want to have one someday though. Probably after finishing my current and planned projects. :)

You need a super clod buster. 

Everyone needs a super clod buster.

Stock Silvercan motors, hobbywing 0880 esc and 3s lipo.

Oh the glorious 80s pneumatic tyre goodness

• Like 1