hanzo

Replacement Piston Rods

After taking the car to the track this weekend, one of the piston rods bent probably from a bad landing.

IMG_9013.jpg.077366505b3ebc65410fd495d97c8626.jpgIMG_9014.jpg.503da16a9ec80f4fdaca28feaa5bb054.jpg

I can only find replacement CVA Mini shock piston rods but this one looks longer.

It is from the rear shocks of the TT-02B.

screenshot_465.thumb.jpg.f8aa5e6b640dcda4edb10cfbaf98f53a.jpg

Thanks.

Are you sure it's the piston rod that bent and not the plastic CVA body? I would suggest to replace them with aluminum threaded shocks instead of replacing or rebuilding those plastic ones. 

Yeah Racing has good shocks at very reasonable price if you don't want to spend on TRF shocks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Are you sure it's the piston rod that bent

I tend to agree , the 2nd pic shows that the rod isn't bent ? , hard to tell from the pic shadows , but the 1st pic shows extensive misalignment . These are quite tough rods and more likely that the plastic 'piston' has 'flapped' sideways inside the damper body , maybe some damage at the lower end there  , and / or deflection in the damper body .  Have a close look at it

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Look in the back of the manual where the parts list is and it should list the part number with it. 

Thank you.  

Found the part : Tamiya 19805917

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Are you sure it's the piston rod that bent and not the plastic CVA body? I would suggest to replace them with aluminum threaded shocks instead of replacing or rebuilding those plastic ones. 

Yeah Racing has good shocks at very reasonable price if you don't want to spend on TRF shocks.

Thanks.  The rod is definitely bent.  

IMG_9015.jpg.6cd97e58b3a86401490fae1108c32c7e.jpg

I am planning a set of DF03 shocks in the not too distant future.  Hope the DF03 piston rods are tougher! :-)

I just like to run the car stock as much as possible for the first couple months before the upgrades...

9 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

These are quite tough rods

This is what I thought and was quite surprised.  

Oh well, I found a replacement pair for 5 quid so not too bad.

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, hanzo said:

Thanks.  The rod is definitely bent.  

IMG_9015.jpg.6cd97e58b3a86401490fae1108c32c7e.jpg

I am planning a set of DF03 shocks in the not too distant future.  Hope the DF03 piston rods are tougher! :-)

I just like to run the car stock as much as possible for the first couple months before the upgrades...

Oh I see. Didn't see that angle in your first post. But yeah, replacing the shocks to an upgraded one will definitely be much better.

• Like 1