Seanster43

East of Edinburgh/Borders

Does anyone know of some decent locations for bashing?  I’m going to try the bmx in Musselburgh next weekend.  Was just wondering if there’s any other meets etc in and around the East of Scotland. I know there’s a club in Dunfermline. 

Cheers

Sean

• Like 1

I'm central, and I don't know of any locations around here either, other than a local BMX track!

7 hours ago, Seanster43 said:

I know there’s a club in Dunfermline. 

The track in Dunfirmline isn't a bashing track, but is holding round #7 of SORC on the 18th Aug, if you want to head over to watch (Not sure if the entry list is full) 

http://www.sorcinfo.org/events.html

Facebook page below - but the location ISN'T Bank street in Fife! It's just the other side of the A92 motorway below Cardenden (near ,what looks like a motocross track on Google earth)

https://m.facebook.com/Dunfermline-District-Radio-Car-Club-137566476311673/ 

Thanks for the info I’m on call that weekend typical. Was thinking of joining spoke to the guy but everyone seems to race Yokomo and associates etc so not sure how well the Dt-03 would hold up. It’s mainly for fun with me but some people take things to seriously 😂. Wonder if we could try and organise a central meet for other people too Wooders??

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 7:47 AM, Seanster43 said:

I’m on call that weekend typical

Sounds about right, I was working for the falkirk rounds (at Denny sports centre) which is 15mins from my house!! 

Was thinking of joining spoke to the guy but everyone seems to race Yokomo and associates etc so not sure how well the Dt-03 would hold up

Yeah,  it's a race club, so it's pretty much all dedicated race cars, but , personally, I think you'd be ok with a DT03 at a club event, (if you can drive, then you could run at a national championship event too) I wouldn't expect to win, but for 90% of us, it's all about getting out on a track having fun and having banter with like minded RC car G̶e̶e̶k̶s̶ enthusiasts.

Once you're involved, you'll get to know when last year's race cars / elecs are up for sale, bulk buy discounts etc.

You'll need a BRCA licence whatever you use to race on a track, more for the 3rd party insurance than anything else, £20 a year (for 2019, not 12months), so won't break the bank.

You'll need a PT (Personal Trandponder) too, MRT ones are just under £40, and they log your lap time as you pass over the loop.

MRT have a few discounts every now and then -

https://m.facebook.com/Model-Racing-Technology-698590320257568/

Wonder if we could try and organise a central meet for other people too Wooders?

Worth a go! 

We've met at the perminant indoor track at Ayr before, but any suggestions are welcome 😁👍

@Supercoolnothing @Kevin_Mc

@neowhizz 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1