Sign in to follow this  
nabler37

TA02 battery slot modification

Hi everyone,

I just realized that the battery slot is suitable for rectangular pack lipo (shorty and stick) as long as i modify the plastic that holds oval shaped lipo a bit.

The question is, will the modification affect the chassis significantly In terms of performance or endurance especially?

I'm reluctant to buy another battery pack just to fit this chassis, but i don't want to make the chassis break easily by recklessly modifying it.

With the FRP chassis kit now readily available again since the rerelease, that would be the best option if you want to use square battery packs :)

Depends on how much material you need to remove and what you're doing with the chassis.  I had this issue with my TA02 truck and ended up just buying some small lipo packs that would fit in the stock compartment.  I didnt want to remove material as the truck is driven pretty hard on rough surfaces and jumps.  

On 8/6/2019 at 1:36 PM, Tizer said:

With the FRP chassis kit now readily available again since the rerelease, that would be the best option if you want to use square battery packs :)

I've been thinking about getting frp chassis as well, unfortunately i haven't found any stores in asia that has the chassis in stock.

22 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Depends on how much material you need to remove and what you're doing with the chassis.  I had this issue with my TA02 truck and ended up just buying some small lipo packs that would fit in the stock compartment.  I didnt want to remove material as the truck is driven pretty hard on rough surfaces and jumps.  

I believe i only need to remove the round edges at the bottom and left side of the battery slot as in the picture, red circles for shorty pack, and yellow circles for stick pack. 

IMG_20190808_073454.JPG

You should be fine removing them unless its a hardcore off-roader.  I've seen it done a few times before with road going TA chassis and no issues.  Why not just use smaller lipos?  No cutting and built in weight reduction (that can either be good or bad depending on how your using the vehicle).

As nabler37 mentioned is what I did. I used my dremel with a barrel sander. Another option is to use nimh style lipo packs https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/product_view.asp?p_id=14755 then you won't have to cut anything.