netsmithUK

Completely new service replacing TCPhotos.com

In the early days we had a few 'problems' with subscribers wanting to post ANY pictures to their showrooms, regardless of if they were RC related or not. We understood the need for wanting to host pictures somewhere so set up TCPhotos.com for them as a generic picture hosting solution for them. It worked a lot like the main site but with no restrictions (apart from legal and decency standards) or moderation. Users could choose to make pictures public or private. Over time though, this bit of the site was neglected and fell into a bit of disrepair so about a year ago I set up something completely new http://www.tcphotos.net based on a third party dedicated picture hosting solution. All your old links should still work, but the features, structure and process are completely new.

If you are a subscriber and want to make use of this service then please just let me know and I'll set you up.

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris, I haven’t had a TCPhoto account before, but if I understand this correctly this would work the same as and instead of having an imagur (that currently use to post pictures) or a flicker account??

That’s right. You can upload what you want and then you can link to them from where ever you like

• Like 1

Has a file size limit been imposed on TCPhotos?  I haven't used it for a while but I just tried to upload some WIP photos of a recent project and found they won't upload.  Something in the top left now says 2MB, but a couple of months back I was uploading 5MB photos.

I don't mind having to smallenate my photos for what I only use for WIPs and throwaway stuff but wanted to check it's not a site problem :)

Not intentionally. I did have to reinstall it the other day because of problems so its possible I reset something. Will take a look and rectify if that is the case

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

This will certainly see me re-subscribe some time in 2020.  Well done to you Sir for your ideas and efforts towards recreating interest in Tamiya world wide.  Yes, I've been receiving automated emails reminding me of what I'm missing out on !  :D

Hi Chris,

Just tried to PM you to ask about using the new service but on the PM screen it says 'NetsmithUK cannot receive messages'.

Feeling a bit stuck now!

Rob

Not sure why that is either ! Im getting messages some through as far as I can see. Can you talk me through the steps you are taking (screen shots would be ace) or if you've not got the time try sending me a message from the button on my profile on the main site.

Chris

I clicked the link to go to your profile, then 'Message'

Everything as normal until I clicked Send, then the 'Netsmith can't receive messages' appears (screenshot below)

TC screen shot.png

will look into that - in the meantime I've added you to tcphotos service with the same username and the email you have registered on this forum. visit tcphotos.net and go to log in then do the password reminder service and you should be good to go.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:56 PM, Mad Ax said:

Has a file size limit been imposed on TCPhotos?  I haven't used it for a while but I just tried to upload some WIP photos of a recent project and found they won't upload.  Something in the top left now says 2MB, but a couple of months back I was uploading 5MB photos.

I don't mind having to smallenate my photos for what I only use for WIPs and throwaway stuff but wanted to check it's not a site problem :)

I've reset this to a max of 15mb per photo now, so let me know if it now works for you.

awesome, thanks :) will upload some more photos next week when new parts arrive 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:47 PM, IBIFTKH said:

I clicked the link to go to your profile, then 'Message'

Everything as normal until I clicked Send, then the 'Netsmith can't receive messages' appears (screenshot below)

TC screen shot.png

Hi @netsmithUK.

I've recently subscribed and can't log on to TCPhotos.

Tried messaging you and I'm having the same issue as @IBIFTKH.

When you get time, would you please be able to look into it?

Thanks.

hi @Falcon#5 I've set you up on tcphotos.net, with the same email you have on the forum. If you go there and go through the reset password process you should be good to go.

Chris

re - not being able to message me, I think that might have just been that I've never deleted anything so my inbox was over flowing. If someone could try again it would be much appreciated

19 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

re - not being able to message me, I think that might have just been that I've never deleted anything so my inbox was over flowing. If someone could try again it would be much appreciated

Success!

20 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

hi @Falcon#5 I've set you up on tcphotos.net, with the same email you have on the forum. If you go there and go through the reset password process you should be good to go.

Chris

Thank you so much for setting this up for me. :)

Can I have an account please? I want to do some more build threads and the internet has let me down with every other hosting site.

Hi is there guide to how to use this? Where is it etc?! Can I have it if it hasn’t happened automatically (I subscribed today)

11 hours ago, CoolHands said:

Hi is there guide to how to use this? Where is it etc?! Can I have it if it hasn’t happened automatically (I subscribed today)

Flick @netsmithUK a PM and he’ll set you up. 

On 8/6/2019 at 11:23 AM, netsmithUK said:

If you are a subscriber and want to make use of this service then please just let me know and I'll set you up.

Can you set me up please.

Jeremy

Hi @netsmithUK can you set me up on this if you get a chance? Do we get an email when it’s done, otherwise how do we know? As I assume it has its own separate login. Thanks