Sign in to follow this  
bentos007

Rising Fighter

hello, my friend recently got a rising fighter and having built a few kits i am planning on helping him build it. However, he does not like the rising fighter rims and is wandering if there are any other rims that will fit the standard tyres. thank you

What doesn't he like about them? The style or the colour? If the latter, they take dye well...

• Like 1

These are 3 most common wheels for DT03 and DT02.  

WoksYQk.jpg

9j3XOGQ.jpg

For the rear, you can fit a lot of aftermarket wheels so long as they come with 12mm hex socket.  Be mindful of offset as well.  That's where the nut would be. 

(The rear wheel of above DT02 is from DF03. The front of DF03 isn't free-rotating because it's 4WD. That's why the front and the rear are not matching. But the point is that the rear, you've got a lot of option, even from other 4WDs)   

Front wheels are trickier, because Rising Fighter's front tires are relatively fat.  But if your friend does not mind getting a new wheels and tires, any front wheel that's accepting 1150 bearings should fit.  Even the Hornet's. (But those are smaller)

20 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

What doesn't he like about them? The style or the colour? If the latter, they take dye well...

How would we dye them ?

32 minutes ago, bentos007 said:

How would we dye them ?

Choose a RIT or similar fabric dye in the colour of your choice, mix it with hot but not boiling water in a disposable container big enough to submerge the wheels in (I use an ice cream tub) and plunk the wheels in to soak for a while.

Pull them out every couple of minutes to check the colour, as the longer you leave them in, the darker the colour becomes. When you're happy with them, take them out, rinse them briefly under cold water and allow them to dry naturally.

3 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Choose a RIT or similar fabric dye in the colour of your choice, mix it with hot but not boiling water in a disposable container big enough to submerge the wheels in (I use an ice cream tub) and plunk the wheels in to soak for a while.

Pull them out every couple of minutes to check the colour, as the longer you leave them in, the darker the colour becomes. When you're happy with them, take them out, rinse them briefly under cold water and allow them to dry naturally.

Thank you that's very helpful 👍I will let my friend know and we will probably dye them to the colour of the body (blue) 👍👍

20 hours ago, Juggular said:

These are 3 most common wheels for DT03 and DT02.  

WoksYQk.jpg

9j3XOGQ.jpg

For the rear, you can fit a lot of aftermarket wheels so long as they come with 12mm hex socket.  Be mindful of offset as well.  That's where the nut would be. 

(The rear wheel of above DT02 is from DF03. The front of DF03 isn't free-rotating because it's 4WD. That's why the front and the rear are not matching. But the point is that the rear, you've got a lot of option, even from other 4WDs)   

Front wheels are trickier, because Rising Fighter's front tires are relatively fat.  But if your friend does not mind getting a new wheels and tires, any front wheel that's accepting 1150 bearings should fit.  Even the Hornet's. (But those are smaller)

Alright I'll ask him but I think we'll dye them to start with and in the future get new wheels and tyres 👍 thanks for the info I'll definitely be keeping it for future reference 👍

• Like 1