hanzo

TT-02 Steering Upgrade Parts Set 54752

I just received this Hop Up and noticed that it's 'Not for Use with TT-02S or TT-02B'.

Does anyone know exactly which part/s is incompatible specifically with the TT-02B?

Was thinking to save a bit of dosh getting this set instead of separate Hop Ups but apparently that ain't going to happen...

Thanks.

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

The TT-02B needs longer tierods.

Are these just the turnbuckles rods which need to be longer because the TT02B has wider track/longer arms? Thats almost a bonus since you can pick up really cheap titanium ones from brands like 3racing which are probably better than thw Tamiya ones anyway right?

• Like 1

Had a quick look in the TT-02B manual and the turnbuckle shaft measurements listed are 3x32mm (rear) and 3x23mm (front).

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Are these just the turnbuckles rods which need to be longer because the TT02B has wider track/longer arms? Thats almost a bonus since you can pick up really cheap titanium ones from brands like 3racing which are probably better than thw Tamiya ones anyway right?

Yes, just needs longer turnbuckles.

You can also just reuse the standard plastic tierods with the aluminium steering upgrade since the TT02B already uses 4.8/5.0mm balls for the tierods. That's what i'm doing and I don't see any point in upgrading yet since I have no desire to adjust the toe from 0 degrees.

Like so (my aluminium steering parts are not tamiya brand but are functionally identical)

TtvbJBL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1