Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon Gillham

Dead ESC?

I have 2 Trackstar 80amp Turbo ESC's which are a few seasons old and both died within a couple of months of each other. They both suffered the same fate, which was turning on fine and powering the rx and steering servo, but won't make the motor spin. Of course both died at the track on a club meet so I didn't have time to muck around with them too much other thsn try to recalibrate them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Ideally I would like to get them going again for bashers as 13.5T brushless in a TT02B with boost and turbo is fun

What would you recommend to try and diagnose the problem? Or are they (really bad as they're quite light) paper weights now?

I revived a Speed Passion Reventon Pro by hooking it up to the computer and changing the profile. I went from a stock profile to a mod one. It took two tries, but it works fine now. Might be worth a try if you haven't already.

3 hours ago, Biz73 said:

I revived a Speed Passion Reventon Pro by hooking it up to the computer and changing the profile. I went from a stock profile to a mod one. It took two tries, but it works fine now. Might be worth a try if you haven't already.

This doesn't hook up to a PC but I haven't plugged the program card in to see if that makes a difference.  It may be a case of simply resetting it, and stupidly I didn't actually think of that! Thanks for the advice.

On the first one that died the sensor cable was dodgy, but I don't know if it was working at the time or not.  Basically, when I unplugged it I noticed a broker wire on 1 plug, BUT theres a good chance I broke the wire pulling it out, or it could've been an intermittent fault.