KEV THE REV

Tyco Bandit breed

I finally picked up a Tyco Bandit - the Harley Davidson version ( missing the bike )  , which I believe is a later release of the brand with no diff and different chassis tub / rear damper top position to those I've seen , it looks like a Grasshopper tub . This one is in overall good condition , it all works (bonus) , but I never realised that the 'Bandit' breed was so vast . There are of course the 9.6v versions and then there are the mini and micros and slot car etc and not forgetting the different liveries and themes . does anyone else have one apart from Pintopwer Alberto (AMpro) . Is there a definitive list of the 9.6v Bandit range ? . Does anyone have any spare parts / basket cases for sale ?

Hi Kev, I believe the Tyco trucks and buggies, and certainly the Bandit were made by Taiyo. So if you're trying to complete the collection you'll probably have to search for the "mirror" vehicles, too. Oh, and what a bout the micro or mini versions? They're neat too.

Also, I know you've been working on QD vehicles lately. Well, here's some combination you might want to look at :)

utW4lW1h.jpg[/IMG]

I've nothing to help, sadly. But I will be happy to see your restorations Kev!

Have a good Friday! :)

Thanks for the reply Erich . I've looked into the full range 9.6v , mini and micro etc , it is vast !! , could be quite costly too at some of the prices out there . I'm not sure how far I'll go with the collection of these , it will probably as and when anything turns up over here due to shipping costs etc . I saw that Bandit QD when I searched the Bandit , I was inspired by the King Cab that the same guy has , it was that one that got me on to looking for a Bandit body for my chassis . I'll post up some pics of it when I get into the project :-

here is the inspiration Bandit and an eBay pic of my Harley version Bandit ( it's missing the bike but at the price I got the truck for it wasn't a problem )  :-

bE9lkK8h.jpg

tyco bandit harley davidson.jpg

Just added a nice boxed , with instructions and the little orange cones , Mini Bandit to the collection

eBay pics for now :-

s-l1600.jpg

tyco bandit 2.jpg

I like how they use miniature copies of Tamiya oval block or Monster Beetle tyres.

I've aquired a few more models since these posts . You're right there are lots of nods to Tamiya cars / buggies . The Bandit has the Nissan King Cab shell . The Jet Hopper / Turbo style buggies are very similar to Super Champ shells and the Jet fighters are near Boomerang / Bigwig hybrid clones . There is something about these little Taiyo / Tyco models that is infectious . to learn about the different series of models in the ranges ( which is massively extensive ) is a whole new schooling

mk2 hopper.jpg