Sign in to follow this  
Wandy

Expec GTi 2.4G RC system - any good?

I recently bought a Supreme Hornet which came with the Expec GTi 2.4G transmitter, receiver & servo system. However since I am not really a fan of steering wheel transmitters I always had in mind that I would just sell it. But is it actually any good? Bearing in mind that I know nothing about 2.4G systems and what they are worth I had a look on ebay to see what price is asked for them and noted that they only seem to be available from Japan and for around the £100 to £120 mark and that is without an ESC so I listed mine for £75 and that is with a TBLE-02 bundled in but I have not had much interest.

So what's the issue with these? Are they just not very good? Or is the ebay asking price by sellers unrealistic?

I don't think there's anything special about them although they are well made. 

The prices for them are far to much considering how other makes have a higher spec. 

I like to collect tamiya electrical gear batteries, transmitters etc and I don't have the tr-07 receiver. I'd possibly be interested in it but not the esc. 

Sven 

8 hours ago, svenb said:

I don't think there's anything special about them although they are well made. 

The prices for them are far to much considering how other makes have a higher spec. 

I like to collect tamiya electrical gear batteries, transmitters etc and I don't have the tr-07 receiver. I'd possibly be interested in it but not the esc. 

Sven 

What's the price of equivalent spec 2.4G systems from other manufacturers?

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

What's the price of equivalent spec 2.4G systems from other manufacturers?

I'm no expert but I paid about £45 for a core rc jobbie, adjustable everything 👍

Sky's the limit when it comes to how much radio gear is, I'd have thought £50 would get a nice set up. 

I prefer to use stick controllers but collect wheel type too. 

Sven