Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

How short can a Group C be???

Evening,

Now I’ve actually been hankering after an F103GT to mount a touring car body on to but just can’t justify the £160ish to buy a kit. However this evening I was having a look through my “project” chassis pile and found a Group C chassis that I forgot I had! I know in their shortest factory wheelbase they’re 260mm but does anyone know if there’s a way of getting it down to 250mm so I can fit the body I’ve got in mind? 

I know it’s not ideal when I really want an F103GT but needs must and all that!

Cheers,

Sammo

The F103GT has a 257 mm wheelbase, so you're only 3 mm away from that goal.  However, my R91CP is 200 mm wide whereas the F103GT is 190 mm.  Are you really after 250 mm, or 257 mm?

3 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

The F103GT has a 257 mm wheelbase, so you're only 3 mm away from that goal.  However, my R91CP is 200 mm wide whereas the F103GT is 190 mm.  Are you really after 250 mm, or 257 mm?

I can buy a shorter T Bar for the F103GT to bring it down to around 250mm. The body I’m fitting is 251mm wheelbase which would make it near perfect. 

Just buy the F103GT. Unless you already have the tires you want, the tire choices for the Group C are limited.