ralphee

Kyosho Ultima 2019

Optima, Javelin, and Ultima listed on Tower Hobbies yet again... now THAT's nostalgia.

• Like 4

Hmmm, maybe it's because it's still early in the run of these things.

Maybe it's because I'm buying with the Australian south sea peso

Factoring in transport/postage could also explain it a bit.

But the prices out of Hong Kong I've found so far can only be described as 'crack pipe'.

I really want one of these, and will get one, but I think I'm going to have to wait a while.

• Like 3

I picked up an early release from my LHS, apparently 2 came into Australia from the pre production batch, dint come with Diff or Shock oil, was a pretty easy build except for the shock's they suck - the seal is a PIA to get over the collar, 1 X shock leaked overnight onto my tool bench. its a lot heavier than my Super Astute

IMG_6490.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6505.jpg

IMG_6540.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mine is on the way from Stella. Won't be able to look at it when it arrives until December 25th though. :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OOZZEE said:

I picked up an early release from my LHS, apparently 2 came into Australia from the pre production batch, dint come with Diff or Shock oil, was a pretty easy build except for the shock's they suck - the seal is a PIA to get over the collar, 1 X shock leaked overnight onto my tool bench. its a lot heavier than my Super Astute

Didn't come with a diff?

On 11/6/2019 at 8:58 PM, OOZZEE said:

IMG_6490.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6505.jpg

IMG_6540.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

You've got your wheels on back to front 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

You've got your wheels on back to front 😉

change the left's to the right side and vice versa and you are done

IMG_20191003_202339103.thumb.jpg.fd18cdcc941e6fd44b4940de45399f4d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see 2 people on other boards already posting that the red shocks are leaking again

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a.w.k. said:

change the left's to the right side and vice versa and you are done

IMG_20191003_202339103.thumb.jpg.fd18cdcc941e6fd44b4940de45399f4d.jpg

What motor is in this beautiful buggy?

58 minutes ago, Reedydriver said:

What motor is in this beautiful buggy?

Hi, that is a Kyosho LeMans 480S

IMG_20191003_201341121.thumb.jpg.f3edb50ba801728be7ef50b9e3a188a3.jpg

There are some more pics in my thread in the Kyosho section on here:

• Thanks 1

Got mine today from Kyosho America.

The package (includes poster and t-shirt:

IMG_4339-800.JPG.ab5ac5da66b3d1bf6ac8d4f4e52636a5.JPG

The poster (front):

IMG_4341-800.JPG.7c1642923abd921abff865e369a19557.JPG

The poster (back):

IMG_4343-800.JPG.a808620174647a70bbed67ca48aacc25.JPG

Box top:

IMG_4345-800.JPG.ca8f81272bb56ea1851c4907204d45eb.JPG

Inside view:

IMG_4351-800.JPG.62530124cddf2c5c1ceb2a57ff528be7.JPG

Parts box 1 (under the blisters):

IMG_4354-800.JPG.74b5b2690e2c5a5cbe2547a687b5280c.JPG

The manual:

IMG_4356-800.JPG.1eeb7088a7a7a47005db87831c0c0a7a.JPG

Parts box 2:

IMG_4357-800.JPG.6d464c55410572aee7ce37d31a96a336.JPG

• Like 8

@Champ85, do you know your rug looks a lot like a couch I used to have? I got mine yesterday from Kyosho. I kinda wish they hadn't folded the poster in half. I'm trying desperately to hold off till Christmas for the build.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

I see 2 people on other boards already posting that the red shocks are leaking again

Awesome. The 80's truly are back. An authentic experience.;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Awesome. The 80's truly are back. An authentic experience.;)

Its a trap to make you purchase the gold shocks like i did for my optima lol

7 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Are they not the same shocks as in the Javelin, as mine have never leaked?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Are they not the same shocks as in the Javelin, as mine have never leaked?

Id assume so, some people got lucky and dont leak. I had one leak no matter what i did. I was only able to slow it down by adding green slime and heavier oil

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Saito2 said:

@Champ85, do you know your rug looks a lot like a couch I used to have? I got mine yesterday from Kyosho. I kinda wish they hadn't folded the poster in half. I'm trying desperately to hold off till Christmas for the build.

Yeah, I also wish they did not fold the poster. I just ordered a simple black frame for it.  Of course, it was only after I placed the order that I discovered that the poster is European size A2 (16.5" x 23.4") and the frame place I ordered from actually makes that exact size.  I never thought to look at the European sizes when I was browsing.  My custom frame is 16.625" x 23.375" so hopefully it will still work.  The place I ordered from doesn't have a way to cancel the order.  I could call them up next week to switch it but I think it will work as-is.  The frame will cover 1/4" on all sides, so the extra 1/8" width on mine means slightly less of the sides will be covered which is fine by me.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, Rb4276 said:

Id assume so, some people got lucky and dont leak. I had one leak no matter what i did. I was only able to slow it down by adding green slime and heavier oil

My Javelin re re shocks leak badly. So do the shocks on the Kyosho Outlaw Rampage.

Why cant they get this right? The rest of the kits and build quality is awesome.

I’m surprised to hear Kyosho shocks leaking, their shocks have been some of the best I’ve ever used, right back to Option House Golds

The prebuilt shocks on the Outlaw were leaking so badly out of the box that the front suspension lower arm had filled up with oil. The plastic damper body on these was very soft and twists / deforms when tightening the top cap. Which is a shame as the rest of the truck is epic.

The red dampers on my Javelin leak too and this has only sat on a shelf. I found the very thin plastic gasket almost impossible to fit without crinkling or tearing (fortunately there are spares) but the leak seems to be around the piston area so I can only assume the designed tolerances for the piston to the o-rings is too loose? Havent had this problem on CVAs or Hicaps on the Egress.

Over christmas I might rebuild them with sone Tamiya red silicone o rings and see if this helps.

On 11/8/2019 at 4:28 PM, Rb4276 said:

They are obviously the same shocks as on the Optima and strangely my shocks on my Optima always leak and I've taken them apart on more than one occasion thinking it was the way i built them:rolleyes: but my turbo optima not a drip or smear of oil anywhere!