ralphee

Kyosho Ultima 2019

Always wanted to dip my toe into these. The optima was my wishlist car and prob still is. 

That's another aspect I like about the Kyosho rereleases. They went through and developed a fair amount beautiful, top notch option parts. They ain't cheap though :mellow:.

• Like 4

That's the first I've seen of those option parts existing for the Ultima.   I want those!

The official Kyosho PDF with the parts and option parts doesn't even have those towers or motor plate listed.

From the rc.kyosho.com website (all 3 parts are listed as "coming soon"):

UTW001 - CNC Motor Plate (Gunmetal/ULTIMA)   ¥3,600

UTW002 - Carbon Front Shock Stay (ULTIMA)   ¥2,000

UTW003 - Carbon Rear Shock Stay (ULTIMA)    ¥2,200

• Like 1

That motor mount looks AWESOME! but I've got a 10.5 in mine and the motor doesn't even break sweat! Stays cool

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 6:28 AM, Reedydriver said:

I am also more familiar with ball diffs and didn't want to have a smooth diff in the Ultima, so I used 60k.  It runs super straight, even on gravel.  I mounted pin tires in the front.  This way, it also runs in curves like on rails. I highly appreciate the Ultima, the RC10, however, will stay my favourite buggy!

Wow 60k diff fluid!!! I did install 30k in it and got somewhat better performance?.? 

Looks like I should have bought the closed cell foam fir the rear tires. Stock foam is a joke. 

What brand and model front tires do you run? What rear tires? Do you purchase the rear closed cell foams also? The stock foams are garbage. Cannot tell it has the foam in mine. 

Edited by NitroStar
More info

Just finished my ReRe Ultima build - and it's a fantastic piece of kit.

I'll be racing it at a vintage meet at the end of April so I already have a few few changes I'm planning on making to the car (UJs, 2.2 wheels etc.)

The one thing I'm not particularly happy about is the battery mounting, a stick pack doesn't feel particular secure with the stock velcro mounts, I normally run a shorty packs in my other buggies and wonder if anyone has a decent way of mounting one of these - I found this on shapeways but it's very light on detail:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/C2YXHKFNU/shorty-holder-for-ultima-frame-type-chassis?optionId=153718506&li=marketplace

• Like 4

BuggyGuy, I use a normal length lipo pack in mine but if I raced it, I would velcro around the ends also. Sorry I don't know about the shorty pack deal though. Please let me know how you have it tuned to keep it from spinning out so easily (diff fluid, wheels tires etc). I cannot put the power down without mine spinning around too easily. My RC10 spanks this things rear end even with crappy tires on rear too. I do need better foams and tires on the Ultima. The kit foams really are not worth being in this kit. Everything else was on another level. 

10 hours ago, NitroStar said:

BuggyGuy, I use a normal length lipo pack in mine but if I raced it, I would velcro around the ends also. Sorry I don't know about the shorty pack deal though. Please let me know how you have it tuned to keep it from spinning out so easily (diff fluid, wheels tires etc). I cannot put the power down without mine spinning around too easily. My RC10 spanks this things rear end even with crappy tires on rear too. I do need better foams and tires on the Ultima. The kit foams really are not worth being in this kit. Everything else was on another level. 

Thanks - I'll try out some extra velcro straps first and see how I get on as the shorty battery holder I linked to is nearly £50 shipped!

I've had a quick go with mine and didn't have the issue you describe with the rear end spinning out (10.5T brushless) - so I would change the tyres first before doing anything else.

These wheels https://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/kyosho-2wd-ultima will let you run 2.2" tyres - so you can run any standard Schumacher buggy tyre/foam assuming you are UK based.

• Like 2