GooneyBird

State of the Fleet - Summer '19

IMG_5263.thumb.jpg.a9a0baf779503cdf7a47f521adfec8c7.jpg

Remember the last time I'd done something like this? Well, today I needed to clean the hobby room out a bit, and never one to miss an opportunity to procrastinate I instead made sure all the RC cars were photo-ready, and took another family photo. As one does. A while ago I did the same thing, and quite a lot has changed since.

Let's start out with the way it was about 2 years ago:IMG_4691.thumb.jpeg.5528a3b51470f05cce6d7f4ee2b1f836.jpeg
From left to right there's my Froggy (DT03), the TRF(419), the Pajero (CC01), the Alpine (M02), Basher (M.Rage), the Street Scorcher (TT01ish), and finally the Cup Racer (TT01E)

However, now we've got:IMG_5243.thumb.jpg.f49109320aca9516d109501249ee591c.jpg
Again from left to right there's: Basher (M.Rage), the Street Scorcher (TT01ish), the drifter (TA03F), the Pajero (CC01), the Clod(buster), the Alpine (M02), the Cup Racer (TT01E), in the center there's the Mini-Z, and last but (certainly!) not least the TRF(419).

So what has changed?

I've sold the DT03. Tough call, but I just wasn't using it quite enough to justify keeping around. Someone bought to go cup racing, and I hear he's having a blast. Good. Froggy deserves to be leaped around. There's a new body shell on Basher, as the old one was sort of falling apart. Same with the TRF and the TT01. And of course the Monster Truck in the room; I have a Clod now. :D

The TRF and Basher have hardly moved since our indoor track closed last year. (Boohoo!) There's a nearby outdoor track, but the unpredictable weather and the fact that it's kinda run-down limit the amount of times I've been there. Regardless I've prepared the TT01E for a new adventure; endurance racing! There's an 8+ hour endurance coming up at the end of the summer, and @Fuijo has prepared a gorgeous replica of the Flying Lizard 911GT2. More on that thing later.

The Street Scorcher and Clod have been steadily doing rounds in the local RC show car circuit. The Clod is a lot of fun, and the Street Scorcher never fails to amuse. For being really old (Clod) or based off of a touring car (Street Scorcher) both perform surprisingly well as long as you respect them and keep within their limits. But isn't that true for most things?

The Alpine and the Mini-Z have slowly been gathering dust. Achoo. The TA03F as well, as no indoor track = no drifting action. Poor cars.

The Pajero has been my walking buddy. Every time we go out hiking I bring the thing along, and it's been 100% bulletproof. I've probably ran 20+ batteries through it, and aside from cleaning nothing has broken or even shows signs of wearing. I've just finished wiring up a set of taillights using RCMojo's excellent light bucket set. A LOT of work (I hate hard bodies...), but the results look amazing.

Anyway, on to the 911. Since part of the endurance race will be in the dark, I've added lights to it. Also, I've made a styrene box to act as a lightbox to light up the starting number. Not necessary, but it seemed cool.

IMG_5233.thumb.jpg.e6efd8048c2cd5aeb766e508b9b993a8.jpgIMG_5234.thumb.jpg.b5d4175b321cb11fe7b55d315b13b167.jpgIMG_5235.thumb.jpg.94c2cf8628b2576c6ce5e6f631dcd325.jpgIMG_5250.thumb.jpg.c002603b962c129f8fc4ae47d7663266.jpgIMG_5251.thumb.jpg.2bd7e1d528885cd321b221c8af398a63.jpgIMG_5252.thumb.jpg.62bad87e06982898fbf43a670a27f44b.jpg

I just can't get over how awesome that thing looks. Too bad I can't run it out on track on these wheels.

So there you have it. A quick update on all of my cars. How is your fleet doing?

IMG_5261.jpg

• Like 12

Mmmm! Nice 911. But I would say that wouldn't I? Heh heh.

I hope it brings you luck in the race.

It is a real shame about our indoor track. The end of an era. But looking at the size of that Mini-Z, maybe we could have our own indoor track on a small coffee table.

Not quite the same of course, but racing is racing right? :D

I do admire your determination to keep the number of cars you have to a sensible level. Unfortunately for me that kind of discipline is but a distant dream. I don't even know

off the top of my head how many I have. And that's quite deliberate.

Good looking fleet.

Update on mine...

TT02B - Sat gathering dust.

Madbull 1 - Sat gathering dust.

Madbull 2 - Sat gathering dust.

Madbull 3 - Sat gathering dust.

TB01 Rally Car - Sat gathering dust.

TB01 Shelf Queen - Gathering dust on a shelf.

TB01 Slow build - Gathering dust in a box.

Pretty much it really. Not had much time to run anything recently with life and work. Making slow progress on the slow build TB01. Hoping to have that built and then sent over to Holland for some racing to see if I've made a good car.