Sign in to follow this  
BugFreak

How old is this??

Very cute! I have a list on "Tamiya Original Goods" (stickers, bags, buttons, flags and similar) which contains about 220 items, starting with items launched in the late sixties. As for my other lists on Tamiya items, I have compiled it very carefully, starting in the early eighties. I don't intend to say that my lists are 100% correct or complete, but I dare say they are quite comprehensive. Your bag is not on my list, so I can't say anything about item number or release date. Judging by the pic, it does however seem to be an original Tamiya item, and the design would indicate that it's from the seventies. If you can find an item number on it (probably 92XX or 66xxx), I may be able to help you with release time and original description.

Many distributors and even hobbyshops have created "Tamiya" apparel and advertising products on their own. As I personally only consider Tamiya products originating from Tamiya Japan (regardless what country they were manufactured in) to be collectible as original Tamiya products, there are many products out there with the Tamiya-logo which I don't care to collect and which have zero emotional value to me.

However, your bag looks "just right", and in my personal opinion it would still be quite collectible, even if it should turn out it's not a "Tamiya Original Goods" item. Also, the history behind it and your memories (if you've had it for a long time) may be more important than commercial value or objective collectibility. I think the bag is great! [:D]

VERY nice indeed!

And in good condition...

I'm also very curious of the origin.

Grtz Dee

I had one...came with a few cars I bought... gave it to a friend.

cars that were with it were a SS, countach/celica and f312...so I guess that tells a bit about the age.....

and because I am in another country I guess it is an original Tamiya item....

There's no number to be found... But one thing is for shure.. it's good quality!