Hi guys I took a freshly built Boomerang and put a 5900kv cheap Surpass brushless motor and 60amp RCharlance Esc in it. I got 35mph off camera and 32mph on camera. The motor and esc were cool. Boy this thing rips now! Vid is up on my channel here. Brushless Boomerang

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fullspectrum said:

Hi guys I took a freshly built Boomerang and put a 5900kv cheap Surpass brushless motor and 60amp RCharlance Esc in it. I got 35mph off camera and 32mph on camera. The motor and esc were cool. Boy this thing rips now! Vid is up on my channel here. Brushless Boomerang

Nice!  I bet with some street tires you can get a couple MPH more out of it!

On 8/14/2019 at 5:11 AM, 78Triumph said:

Nice!  I bet with some street tires you can get a couple MPH more out of it!

Yeah for sure. I'm going to use mainly offroad though. It really flys offroad...I will get a vid of it up on my channel soon. I hope the gears hold up...lol.

• Like 1

Nice, the great thing about the classics are their big beefy low pitch gear boxes. They might not be super efficient but they are really robust.

• Like 1

Nice speed. Sensible to run without that nice body. It'd make a terrible mess if it flipped going that fast.😲

I'm so tempted to get a Boomer right now. Ive not even run my freshly built Clod yet....its a disease I tells ya! Dang you Tamiya!🙄

• Like 1

I have a really cheap goolRC set up with a 3s LiPo and the neo Scorcher its in flies 

go LiPo next 

excellent work

JJ

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Problemchild said:

I have a really cheap goolRC set up with a 3s LiPo and the neo Scorcher its in flies 

go LiPo next 

excellent work

JJ

Thanks bro. I have a bunch of Lipo's for my Traxxas and Arrma's but I hate how long lipo's charge and just for a one quick run I need then need to storage charge them(PITA).

I spend more time tinkering and building than driving because of time restraints so with the NIMH I can whip one out, go for a bash and then just toss the NIMH batteries away no matter what charge is in them without worry. I'm really impressed at how fast the Boomer goes with a 5900kv motor on 7.2v. But I will still run a 3s pack through it and get some video though...hahahaha. Also I have a 17t pinion for it (currently running 15t). Man is she gonna rip....I just hope not R.I.P.     LOL.

I dont bother with all the LiPo battery management 

I have 4 LiPo that I use in my quad and after a flight they get recharged/balanced and then put in the drawer for the next flight 

they are only £10 each so if they get ******ed up at the end of the season then I’ll buy a new set 

do put one in though ;)

any metal gears going for it (there was for the TT-02b

JJ

• Like 1

Ok 1st I'm new to this site, 2nd I was a kid when The Frog, Hotshot, Boomerang, etc were 1st released lol yep I'm almost 50 lol. Can l please ask what the wear/damage to the drive line is using brushless on the "old" re-released buggies. I've got brushless in my new Tamiya buggies but have just brought a Boomerang & Frog. Love the speed brushless offers but I'm not wanting to rip the drive line up using it. I have Tamiya Sports tune motor in both the Frog & the Boomerang. Great fun to drive but not brushless fun. Does brushless wear the drive line that much? TIA

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattattack said:

Ok 1st I'm new to this site, 2nd I was a kid when The Frog, Hotshot, Boomerang, etc were 1st released lol yep I'm almost 50 lol. Can l please ask what the wear/damage to the drive line is using brushless on the "old" re-released buggies. I've got brushless in my new Tamiya buggies but have just brought a Boomerang & Frog. Love the speed brushless offers but I'm not wanting to rip the drive line up using it. I have Tamiya Sports tune motor in both the Frog & the Boomerang. Great fun to drive but not brushless fun. Does brushless wear the drive line that much? TIA

I have been running my Boomerang brushless on 7.2v NIMH with stock gears and 5900kv motor. On that setup it does 32-35 Miles per hour....MPH! Pretty quick. No issues so far with 20 packs through the drivetrain. The pinion is aluminum and you have to keep an eye on it because they wear out pretty fast.

So.....now for some fun 😈 I found a 3s battery that fits and ran it and got it up to 49MPH! hahahahaha. I have a bigger pinion so I should get over 50mph. It wheelies and flips over at 49mph...lol. I need to put some weight on the front end to keep it down. I will put a link to my 3s Lipo video and my channel also has a video of it on 7.2v NIMH.