NineWhileNine

Motor spins up without my input from transmitter

Morning All

This is my first post so apologies if I've posted it in the wrong section.

I switch on the transmitter then the car and without touching either of the sticks the motor fires up by itself.

It will then continue to do so in bursts with the light on the transmitter flashing in time with the motor spins.

Short video here

Everything is connected correctly as far as I can see.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

I'm not familiar with this particular radio , but do you need to 'pair' the receiver to the handset? . Is your stick pack fully charged . I guess you have checked through the radios manual to check how you've connected it all up and followed the proceedure , worth checking . Sorry I can't help more

It sounds like you need to calibrate the speed controller. If its ready calibrated and this is happening in the null position you might need to tweak the trim if it has it. I'm an amateur too; others will have better ideas.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies/suggestions.

I have just switched on to try and re pair to find that there is no power on the transmitter. They are new batteries in there. Swap them for another fresh set and still no power.

The receiver is beeping and flashing away, I'm guessing it is trying to handshake with the transmitter. The battery in the car is new and freshly charged.

When I get home I will try and pair this receiver with the transmitter that came bundled with the Sand Scorcher as I know that works OK. Assuming I can pair them like that?

You could , if the the handset and receiver are compatible , ie , the same frequency . The Carson set you have is 2.4 GHZ and I don't know what your Sand Scorcher is , it could be 27 or 40 MHZ , so won't work . It does sound like the problem is with your handset . Not pointing a finger , but I guess you have installed the batteries in the handset the correct way round ? - I had to ask that as it can the smallest things that can be the problem .

Just looked at the vid again and the handset light is flashing so some sort of power is present , and as said before by NWN , have you set up the ESC ?

I tried the other handset (Carson Reflex Stick Pro 3 2.4GHz) and it worked without issue.

So the ESC must be OK?

I'm guessing that the handset that came with the Lunch Box is faulty as it does not power up.

Thanks again for your replies it is much appreciated from someone who is only just getting started :)

• Like 1

Is the faulty handset still under warranty ? , it looks new ,  can you send it back and get it replaced with a new one .