Sign in to follow this  
bjmulford

Hilux /Blazer Radio Gear Question ap 435

Hi all, I'm trying to do a vintage hilux/blazer project Ive been squirrelling away for ages and ive got some acoms ap435 transmitters/ ara 435 recievers that i have been hoarding/collecting for this very job!  I cant seem to get any of the little blighters working so i have a few questions, firstly is it possible to use as7 servos with the ara 435 receiver (the plug socket fits - so it must work right????!!!) or is there a funny polarity going on here like the earlier acoms?  Secondly which crystals should I be running here, single or dual conversion, I'd really appreciate the help as i'm pretty lost here being out of my 27mhz comfort zone!!!! and this stuff does not google well!!! I know its old tech i'm trying to get working here but i really wanted to do a classic retro job on this one!!! cheers B

If you know 27 then you’re prob old school UK / EU ?

If so, 35 on land is illegal over here these days - sorry

The legacy Hi Lux / Blazer rig you’re after is an Acoms 427 or Futaba FP—3G

• Like 2

Hi Superchamp82, thanks for the heads up, of course I'm going to be a good boy and just look at it;) hence the sky hi prices of the 427 versus 435!!  I think i've tracked the problem to the crystals so have ordered some replacements, but trying to work out if  the polariity of the servos is correct is a nightmare!!! cheers B

Not to be preachy but some of the cheaper UK baby monitors and heart rate monitors still use 35 these days ...

Best avoided unless you’re in the air 

Re polarity, isn’t it clear from the wire colours - noting if you’re trying to reverse arm direction for the AS3 required by a Blazer then flipping the + / - wires on a AS7 won’t work 

You’ll burn out the servo or receiver 

Best you just trade it in for a suitable set tbh