fullspectrum

Best chassis for speed runs?

I’m surprised there is no mention of the Arrma infraction/felony/ limitless chassis. 80+ mph out of the box on 6s. Big stable chassis for speed. Several people have gotten their chassis past 100mph. 

13 hours ago, Shodog said:

I’m surprised there is no mention of the Arrma infraction/felony/ limitless chassis. 80+ mph out of the box on 6s. Big stable chassis for speed. Several people have gotten their chassis past 100mph. 

As amazing as it is.

There is something challenging about touring cars that can only fit a 2s battery. 
getting 100kmh on 2s is no joke, its a struggle tbh.
A car setup that goes 80kmh on 2s, will easy go 100kmh on 3s.

to me there is no suprise in seeing a 6s car hiting 100kmh. That is what you are expecting when buying one.

For land speed records car a few things are key and crucial getting both front and rear suspension tuned and adjusted properly camber caster and toe is a bit game changer... Secondly adding shims to every single suspension component to get zero slop in the entire setup and verifiying it by testing it on a bench with it sittin and strapped down to a stand... Yes strap it down if you dont & if it shakes and drops you have a mini missile flying off your bench... Thirdly and most crucial is makin interior body braces preferably out of aluminum strap or stock under the shell bolted down and encagin most of the shell front to rear to stiffen and reduce the  body shell flex allowing air to drift inward & under....  Then after your front posts are fairly far forward,  Get the lowest points of the body down to about 1/8th of an inch below the bottom most  point of the chassis MAX no farther or  it will start becoming a massive drag issue causing yet another issue a spinning turbulence under the mid of the chassis breakin the tires loose...  Lastly a very nice set of stiffer shocks and belted tyres to round it all out... Start out slower then buildup with more gear and more amps and motor along the way..... Enjoy!!!  I wanted to drop a tip from one of the RC'ers that fathered in the land speed craze from the mid 90's... I was lucky enough to  be one of a handful of RC'ers back then that sat in chat rooms going "Hey I wonder how fast we can get these cars up too?" and we just DID  it... in 1994 and 1995 I had the fourth fastest RC car in the United States at 81 mph.... I used a RC10 platform as my base and modified the ******* out of it and she and my friends cars was in a magazine  article... Mine was  called the "Blue Bullet"  extensively modified RC10 with full CVD's ceramic bearings hellacious motor with high 150 amp Novak ESC three caps on the can with about 8 to 11 degrees of timing bulletproofed tranny gears and a modded dual slipper designed to engage in a twin band type of setup for two stages of punch.. Our tracks was usually airport runways or very new pavement even tho those caused many other probs on hotter days for sure!!

• Like 1