Sign in to follow this  
junkmunki

Lamborghini countach body set

I recently purchased a lot of rc cars and parts, and in the lot were this Toyota LB Turbo body set and the Lamborghini set. I know the white Toyota set was issued at the 2009 model fair in Japan, but I have seen both white and black versions of the Countach body set.

The original release in the artwork box from the 1980s was a white plastic shell, so does anyone know why Tamiya released this body set in a bag, in white and black plastic, and when?

DSC_5357.thumb.JPG.3b3364a5a96c7041fc72d34fecb6d17f.JPG.jpg

Not an expert on these but I assume the 58005 lambo has a white mould while the 58008 cs came with a black mould Body.

Nice haul, btw !!

42 minutes ago, scoobybooster said:

Not an expert on these but I assume the 58005 lambo has a white mould while the 58008 cs came with a black mould Body.

Nice haul, btw !!

Hey Scoobybooster, 

That is a distinct possibility, I had not thought of that. I will have a look and see if the kit has the chrome wing from the CS kit.

Scoobybooster's got it correct. 58005 came with white body, 58008 with black body. In theory it's of course possible that some 58005 kits got black bodies and 58008 kits got white bodies, but I've never seen it and consider it highly unlikely.  Anyway, both body parts sets in the photo are re-release sets. 

The Celica bps was first re-released in 1999 and then several times after that, the last time according to my records, in 2008. It was re-released with item number 49113, but as far as I remember, it was also available as what Tamiya refer to as "event item", in which case there often isn't any item number on the item at all.

The Countach bps was first re-released in 1998 with item number 49095. 49095 was definitely molded in white, but I won't exclude the faint possibility that 49095 was offered in black too though I've never seen it. The Countach bps was then again re-released in 2002, but with item number 49221. This time in black, and most likely the one you have. As the part name/description stated "Black", alternative colours are even more unlikely than for 49095. It may have been available after 2002 as an "event item", with or without item number, but not according to my records.

Thanks for all the info, i have checked the set and it does indeed have the chrome rear wing of the CS, so it kind of figures that the white set i saw was the non CS set.