Hi all,

Recently sold a Tamiya TNX 5.2r chassis on Ebay to a buyer in the USA. As I sell a lot I am a member of the Global Shipping Programme that allows buyers overseas to purchase items easier. 

So sold the car, shipped it to the GSP hub in the UK and now they have deemed it RESTRICTED and wont ship it. Ebay have refunded the buyer themselves (not from my account) and wont be shipping the car back.

Buyer is now fuming as he had purchased parts for the car. 

A first for me!

I'm amazed that the even allowed it to offer GSP if it is a restricted item. The whole situation sucks for you both! Hopefully it can get sorted 

19 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

I'm amazed that the even allowed it to offer GSP if it is a restricted item

As eBay refunded the money themselves they have admitted they screwed up , There are no mentions of nitro fuel included in the sold ad. , and some dried out old fuel residue wouldn't really constitute 'fuel' would it ? and ACPRC is wise enough not to include nitro fuel anyway , and as we all know you can't ship liquid fuel even via RM domestically . . A lesson for all nitro engine / chassis shippers , check out the GSP for restrictions

No fuel in auction, car was very very clean and hadnt seen fuel for years. Tank was clean and bone dry. No restrictions on listing under GSP. I'm not out of pocket but buyer is understandably annoyed.

I had the same thing with a rere Hotshot dressed as a Super Shot only a week or so ago. Sold it on eBay to a nice chap in Australia using GSP, and I got the following a few days after it arrived at the UK GSP shipping centre

The item in question has been classified as restricted. This could be due to import/delivery restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Programme. The item will not be sent on to its final destination and will not be returned to you.’

Go figure. Was just a rolling chassis, no batteries or anything. Buyer was not happy, neither was I

• Like 1

Did eBay refund the buyer as in ACPRC's post ? Ebay should look into this as it is something they introduced and backed . I don't ship overseas anymore via eBay

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

Did eBay refund the buyer as in ACPRC's post ? Ebay should look into this as it is something they introduced and backed . I don't ship overseas anymore via eBay

I ship loads overseas with no issues, this was a first. Having checked the GSP rules the category isn't barred. The list of prohibited items has dangerous goods on it so that could of been a possibility but the only other thing with mine was the package size. It was 5kg's and quite large. Worth keeping an eye on things though.

1 hour ago, thetamiyakid said:

I had the same thing with a rere Hotshot dressed as a Super Shot only a week or so ago. Sold it on eBay to a nice chap in Australia using GSP, and I got the following a few days after it arrived at the UK GSP shipping centre

The item in question has been classified as restricted. This could be due to import/delivery restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Programme. The item will not be sent on to its final destination and will not be returned to you.’

Go figure. Was just a rolling chassis, no batteries or anything. Buyer was not happy, neither was I

Exactly what I got but on a Hotshot chassis thats odd.

Maybe the GSP should be more specific about the actual restriction , and how they are 'disposed of ' and they should discuss this with eBay as the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing  . This has possibly happened before to other eBay members who are not necessarily TC members and so not reported here .

25 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

What do they do with the confiscated items?

Who knows but not many TNX 5.2r come up in EBay so will be keeping an eye out.

Ebay refunded my buyer direct, so neither of us are financially out of pocket, just not happy that this model has now disappeared.

I will also be keeping an eye on eBay for this cat, it is quite distinctive in how it ha been put together with an original Speedo etc. 

i had hoped GSP would help me and any overseas buyers to have a good experience, but I am considering pulling my other/future items from GSP.

1 hour ago, acprc said:

Who knows but not many TNX 5.2r come up in EBay so will be keeping an eye out.

I find it odd that they will keep 'restricted' items rather than returning them to the sender.

Understandable for illegal items, but they would be passed on to law enforcement agencies for further investigation and possible prosecution.

Doesn't sound like there is much transparency with their system.

They have an obligation to provide follow up information to justify their actions.

• Like 1

A kyosho maxxum got held up as it was classed as a restricted item, and after ages taking on the pointless love chat,  and a few emails, it went through the system.

I've had 1:1 car parts ,disposed of , which was confusing. 

I do wonder if someone's opened the box I thought, ooooooh I have that.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

and a few emails, it went through the system

So , some get through under protest , others get taken if there is no protest . It doesn't sound like a 'policy' , more like what they can get away with . I've always had reservations about the GSP since it was introduced

I've no idea what, policy ,they use.

I know the 1:1 part was ,liquidised (?)as they said it was too large to process, and was only found out because PayPal issued me a refund!