netsmithUK

Beta Testers Wanted!

BETA TESTERS WANTED!

We've already got 300 odd retro adverts/articles in our database but I think there are a 'few' more out there, so I've made it easier than ever to add them. The articles must be prior to 2000 and you must be logged in to upload although you don't need to be a subscriber. In fact I'll pick a few uploaders, at random, that help with the testing and give them a years free subscription if they want it. Get uploading here https://www.tamiyaclub.com/media_update.asp

YOUR UPLOADS WONT APPEAR AT THIS POINT BUT THEY WILL EVENTUALLY - Cheers

If you just want to browse through the retro media we've got so far you can find it here

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/articles.asp

I've uploaded before and certainly don't mind testing!

Excellent, actually noticed you were the last one to do it - give it a go and let me know if it doesn't behave as expected.

Thanks

Chris

Let me see what I can dig up. I don't have much Tamiya literature, but I know I have a Kyosho/Great Planes mini-catalog from about 1990, and some early RC10 flyers and kit inserts.

Can these be uploaded by standard (non paying) members. I have few old catalogues and many Marui manuals I could scan at some point.

@Winniez sure any logged in member can upload images to this section. I'll even give away free subscriptions to a random few that do.

cheers

chris

Ahh brill

Ok when i get the chance ill upload some more!

Ok, it's quite tricky to establish if I would be uploading any duplicates etc as time goes on????

Thats a good point. I wouldn't worry about it for now, I'll do some manual house cleaning from time to time and then try and think of a more automated process later on. I was thinking off adding keyword tags to the articles and then adding a search option which might make it easier to check

@taffer the change I made so you can automatically have your posts go live, might only take effect the next time you log out and log back in again.

Chris

Ok thanks

Also when an upload is finished, it kicks me out back to the main tamiyaclub page?

Would be nice to remain on the upload page?

@netsmithUK

@taffer the issue is linked with you needing to log out and in again. The flow is - upload media and then it takes you to the thing you just uploaded so you can check, and then on that screen you should see a button to add another article

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 17.21.51.png

I just noticed that. I've added a tweak to the code, so let me know if you still have problems.

cheers

Chris

@netsmithUK

Your rookie rabbit exploded, when you right click save as it isnt a jpeg?

When i re save my tshot exploded, the quality has deteriorated?

There are some fine tuning I need to experiment with as all the images for the site are delivered via a 'content delivery service' which does its best to optimise performance for the user and stop the server over stressing. Still playing with the options.

Chris