netsmithUK

Another Nitro Curio - The Silver Fox

Thats, erm - an 'interesting' looking design. If it wasnt for the drivers head im not sure i would know what was the front

Basically a copy of the Kyosho Landjump. Think these were actually manufactured by Thunder Tiger? I remember seeing the Silver Fox at a hobby store back in the 80’s

• Like 2

I owned one in rough shape for a while and traded it on. Parts are almost (even by my standards) non existent. I'm sure mine came from Italy originally.

I had a stash of new parts for Silver Fox ( and Landjump ) from a shop I cleared out , and sold them to Jesse at Landjump.net back in the day . I did have a manual here , not sure if I still have it though . It is in a similar vein to the LJ

On 8/31/2019 at 8:35 PM, mtbkym01 said:

Basically a copy of the Kyosho Landjump. Think these were actually manufactured by Thunder Tiger? I remember seeing the Silver Fox at a hobby store back in the 80’s

Quoting myself, but just looking through the Australian Vintage Media on the main site, and here it is, advertised by the shop I saw one in. South Australian Hobby Centre ( I actually did work experience here when I was in high school, so about 1988)

48687185438_8c8f3239a3_k.jpg

• Like 1

yep, according to the Bureau of Statistics, average weekly wage in 1988 was AUD $475. Now it is ~AUD $1200 -1600 (lots more data available now hence the $400 spread)

18 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Wow thats a lot of money, especially back then!

Oh yes, the hobby is far more affordable now, than it was back in its hey day in Australia. $350 for a Fox, no wonder it took me nearly 2 years to save enough cash to get one back then

So much easier in general to get parts now as well. I used to wait weeks to get parts for a Sand Scorcher from my local model shop. 

I remember them in the LHS I worked in BitD, never built on though.  I used to build a lot for customers and demo vehicles that would be sold of almost new.

In my showroom I have a couple 1/8th buggies from the same period, inc a running Kyosho Landjump 4d that this model was based on

Mark