Sign in to follow this  
GTodd

My Project thread - Top Force Update

I have alot of incomplete threads on this forum so I thought I'd follow the lead of some of you.  This will be my one go to thread to track all of my projects as I go.  All of the projects are running now but are in various stages of their build.  There is atleast one more that Im going to add in the near future but first I need to update you all on where is what in what stage.  First up is the Astute.  The Astute is the first Hobby Grade RC I got.  I spent a summer doing chores for my Grandfather to save up for it.  AFter about 27 years of neglect I decided to bring it back, man I am really that old.  Ill update that thread one more time, Ill post the finish goods here as well.

First the group shot!  

spacer.png

All.jpg

• Like 1

The Astute, the Avante gives it a run for the best loolking buggy ever made by Tamiya.  If you look closely I placed the rear shocks up front and shortened king cab shocks out back. I did this to givr the Astute a little more ground clearance as Ill be using this primarily in my back yard.  It is th stock design as God intended down to the AMAZING Ball differential which works perfect in buggies.  

Close up in group.jpg

On ebay you can now find aloy replacement hub assemblies for the camber adjustable rear hubs, AMAZING!!!

edxwIie.jpg

Time for a Top Force update. I guess a sumary is needed first. This is my original Top Force that (here is  the origianl thread.... 

When I rebuilt it the Top Force Hicaps had come and gone and werent available for a reasonable amount. I purchasd a set of DF03 TRF shocks which look great and are amazingly smooth, but they arent HICaps.  Here's a little before and after with TRF shocks and now the Hicaps.  I assmbled the Hicaps based on EVO instructions combined with the rebound settings recomended in the include hicap instructions. Please ignore the mismatched wheels, this is my backyard bash set tup. 

2136346327_FrontTRF.thumb.jpg.5199071dcbb0e841fafa789647c8bf29.jpg

Front Hicap

Cjr0g1q.jpg

Side view with the TRF Shocks

a4P49GA.jpg

Gorgeous Hicaps!

cprNzHF.jpg

AMAZING!

5zsZ0BN.jpg

Track outing next week!!!!

I might lower the ride height, again this is currently set up based on the EVO manual's shock set up. More to come!

• Like 2