Spect

What is the most popular Tamiya chassis?

Hello everyone, I am a new member of TC.

I would like to know (In your opinion) what Tamiya chassis has more users, parts and hop-ups. TT02 Maybe?

Thank you very much, I hope to learn a lot here.

Hi there and welcome.

Tamiya chassis with more users? I would say the Grasshopper chassis might be the most used, but that is just my guess -no solid stats.

Have a good Tuesday! :)

• Like 1

I'm thinking TT01. Cheap to get into the hobby and lots of option parts.

• Like 1

Does 'popular' mean one that people like the best or the best selling since initial release?

If the former, I really like the TA-01/TA-02 and dervatives as its always an enjoyable build and needs minimal hop ups, tends to already have oil dampers included and the bodies that are ocasionaly rereleased on it I feel nostalgic about.

If the latter - TT01? They are still turning out new kits every year on it.

Agree with @mongoose1983 - most built / users to date is likely the Grasshopper or Hornet 

Most hop ups / spares will be the TT01 / TT02 for the reasons above 

And at the current run rate those letter chassis will probably overtake the old ones re most users in a couple of years 

• Like 1

Most popular...probably CW01, Hoppers and SRB variants. Blackfoots, Hornets and Lunchboxes have to account for 50% of Tamiya sales. Then maybe TT02. 

Ha, shows how out of touch I am with the modern stuff... I'm thinking Grasshopper/Hornet of Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, and then the TT01 gets mentioned, and I think, "Oh right, those exist..."

4 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Ha, shows how out of touch I am with the modern stuff... I'm thinking Grasshopper/Hornet of Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, and then the TT01 gets mentioned, and I think, "Oh right, those exist..."

Actually, I don't believe I've ever seen a TT01. And for sure I can't distinguish a TT01 from a car of another maker! :ph34r:

Most of the new stuff seems to be around the TT-02 chassis 

buggy

drift

saloon 

How close is the TT-01 to the TT-02

JJ

4 hours ago, Problemchild said:

Most of the new stuff seems to be around the TT-02 chassis 

buggy

drift

saloon 

How close is the TT-01 to the TT-02

JJ

Similar but very few parts directly swap over. Diff cases split vertically on TT01 and horizontally on the TT02.

If you want to talk most sold kits of all time, I'd be surprised if the TA01/2 DF01 chassis arrangement wasn't the highest sold. 

That being said they have released a huge number of bodys on both TT01 and TT02, including Xpert Builts.

Juls

19 hours ago, Bromley said:

Most popular...probably CW01, Hoppers and SRB variants. Blackfoots, Hornets and Lunchboxes have to account for 50% of Tamiya sales. Then maybe TT02. 

On this forum maybe. Outside of this forum I wouldn't be surprised to find that TT01/TT02 see 20-50x the popularity that they do here and eclipse the sales of everything previously mentioned combined, for one reason only; the bodys that they are bundled with. A huge chunk of Tamiyas market must come from people who just want say a Subaru WRX RC car, don't know what a Lunchbox or Grasshopper is, and probably never find out either.

• Like 1