Sign in to follow this  
rich_f

Replacement rubber for tank wheels

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone has come up with any ideas on how to replace the rubber on tank road wheels. 

I've just acquired a leopard 1A4 which is in need of restoration and it has a few of its rubber tyres missing. I was thinking, since finding originals is probably extremely difficult, thatI could just use some other source of rubber to wrap the wheels in. 

Has anyone done this successfully? Has anyone got any tips or suggestions on how I can do this effectively? Or even if there is an aftermarket source for parts for these old tanks (it's missing a few body details too). 

Cheers

Wow what a resource. (this is my first tank so I really don't know about sites like that.

Thanks! 

Sorry - I've only just seen this. Looks like I don't visit this part of the forum very often!

Regarding the Leopard, I've not had much time for this, or many of my tamiya projects for that matter, as we've recently bought a house and I have been spending most of my free time doing diy to fix the place up, and I've only got as far as taking the gearbox out of the hull. It has a lot of detail parts on the outside missing, plus only half of the main gun is present, so I'll probably have a go a making some replacement parts at some point in the future.  

For the time being though, it is sat waiting for my attention like the rest of my projects ☺