Grumpy pants

M38 SWB Wild Willy-Thank you @jonboy1

The WW is absolutely my favourite box art and the WW2 holds many fond memories of family time  @ Centre Parcs with my 3 daughters. 

I bought this model in good shape 5 years ago for £175 delivered,  I then picked up the missing or broken parts and radio gear bit by bit as they turned up on eBay or TC and then it was just a question of when... 

So anyway 3 house moves, 3 job changes, a divorce, a marriage and 5 years later this one is finally finished.

I did sell about 75% of my Tamiya kit but this one was always going to be a keeper and now with a massive thanks to @jonboy1 not only is it finished, it is ready to run, beautifully restored and detailed. 

JJ’s skill and patience is amazing, I love everything about this car, it has little touches that very much make it mine as well. 

I can’t thank you JJ enough for your kindness and generosity.

Time for some pics-

6DE174E4-634B-4E46-BB4D-02B600FFAAE8.jpeg

02E49091-CEF7-45F9-AE34-E8E67ECA985A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A couple more photos from this morning.

My wife has said that without doubt we can have this on display, high praise indeed 👍

850385AC-D0D4-4F0E-8617-EF381B89AE1D.jpeg

F09BB2FA-EA38-4C48-9685-9A4DA1E42840.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Still probably the coolest Tamiya ever. I cannot imagine how many hours / days of my life have been spent looking at those old 80's RC Guidebooks and watching the videos at my LHS. Yours looks awesome.

• Thanks 1

@Grumpy pants - you are too kind with your words ;) 

I'm so glad you love it - As I mentioned to you before, it's very nerve wracking being entrusted with someones highly valuable - sometimes irreplaceable - possessions with the expectation of making it perfect for them and having the great potential for missing the mark. So to get positive feedback is brilliant - not for the ego boost  - but for reduction in blood pressure and ending up roughly on target!

@njmlondon - totally agree - although it has only recently become a favourite of mine. The thing I love about them is how you can change just one or two things and it transforms the look of it completely, but still looks super cool! @barneys66 M38 was built up almost identically to @Grumpy pants but his had all the metalwork brushed and we went for a sand colour on the wheels and it looks entirely different. But I'd be very happy with either on my shelf! 

• Like 2